Home Forums Product reviews SKYPE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Has anyone tried it? Got it?[8)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

Nope..but I use the audio facility in MSN messenger which I believe is VoIP like skype… and thats very good.

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

Gix
    Participant

Ok what exactly do I need? If I bought a SKYPE enabled headset, would I still need the usb dongle? Have got the software so just want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

All I use for MSN Messenger is a pair of headphones and an ordinary microphone. Do you have to buy a special set of headphones for skype then ?

The word dongle always makes me laff..I know..im such a kid.

Gix
    Participant

I know! Of all the things to call a piece of technology they go and call it a “dongle”!![:o)]
    The headphones I have been looking at can be used with MSN, Yahoo and most VOIP clients including Skype, but have heard with some you need a dongle. Was wondering if the dongle was for headsets not compatible with Skype….its all very confusing…..[:I]

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

You’re doing that dongle thing on purpose now !! [^]

Have you checked out this ??

https://www.skype.com/help/faq/usingskype.html

Looks like you can just use a bog standard microphone & a normal pair of headphones if you want. Alternatively, you can shell out for a flash headset with built in mike which you would then have to plug into a spare USB port.

Gix
    Participant

Yeah I was looking at that, then went and ordered a headset and mike, Skype enabled, for £9.99, thats with P + P too so when it arrives I will be testing it out….[;)]

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

Ok I have downloaded SKYPE….does anyone else use it? No good having the facility if no one else uses it…..

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

I will give it a go when im working from home tomorrow. I might get some funny looks from the people around me in the office if i start talking to my laptop.

Gix
    Participant

Ok will let you know when my headset and microphone arrives……[:D]

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

I thought SKYPE was an old Australian kids drama about a Kangaroo.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

That was Skippy!

Ok Rich I have my headset and it can be used with msn, but want to try this Skype out if you will give it a go? My Skype username is kneeslider381.
    If any one else uses it give me a call……[;)]

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Have used it on and off for a while now, mostly for talking to folks abroad. Latest MSN Messenger is (I hate to say it) a very capable tool and I now use this in conjunction with a webcam. Skype’s quality is pretty good but once you have used Messenger’s webcam it adds the bells and whistles to make a damn good conferencing tool.

Shame you haven’t got the webcam Gix, we could all watch the idiots performing outside your house.

Gix
    Participant

I do have a webcam now but the mic on it wont work with msn. Have actually bid a tiny security camera that I am going to set up if I win it, going to set it up above front door. Can it be hooked up to computer? Can I save what it sees to my hard drive? And (full of questions aint I?), is it hard to set it up? Aint got a clue what I am doing have I????[:I]

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Plenty of little wireless ‘spycams’ about. Have one myself if you want to try it. Camera has 9v battery and the receiver has mains or battery power. Receiver plugs into TV video jacks. If you bid on one from Ebay, watch the import tax as customs can slap duty on those coming from Hong Kong etc. Try to get a UK seller if possible.

Asda sell a Trust high sensitivity microphone for a fiver with stand.

Doubt if you could attach the spycam to your PC unless you have a fancy grafx card. Some monitors accept the video input from jackplugs but tv is your best bet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.