Scott encouraged by early GSX-R1000K5 test reports

Home Forums Bike racing Scott encouraged by early GSX-R1000K5 test reports

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Scott encouraged by early GSX-R1000K5 test reports

SCOTT SMART is bursting with excitement about his upcoming first test for Rizla Suzuki and is drawing encouragement from the feedback on the new GSX-R1000K5 from Suzuki’s World Superbike and American Superbike teams.

The 28-year-old will join British Superbike Champion John Reynolds at Valencia on February 18th and 19th for Rizla Suzuki’s initial test of the all-new GSX-R1000K5. He is already in a positive mood that his first ride on a Rizla Suzuki race bike will be a success.

Scott said: “I have spoken with my chief technician Norris Farrow and my bike is ready for testing. I am pretty excited, Valencia cannot come quick enough.

“We have put the new Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000K5 on the dyno and it is returning some impressive horsepower figures – and that’s without starting to tune it. Sorry folks, I’m not allowed to reveal its power output but let me assure you it is right on the money and certainly more than I have ever had before.

“The potential with the GSX-R1000K5 is enormous and we already have an indication of how good the bike is going to be thanks to the AMA and WSB test reports. The Suzukis have been posting the fastest times wherever they are testing and the riders are very confident.

“What’s particularly impressive are the simulated race distances the teams are doing. The overall race time is reduced significantly and the lap times are consistently at record pace. That’s without any attempts at qualifying or going for a pure lap time and is very encouraging for both JR and myself.

“The hard graft for Rizla Suzuki starts now with our Valencia test and the further development of the bike. We have plenty of testing options available after Valencia and the remaining six weeks before the racing starts is going to be very busy.”

Rizla Suzuki starts the defence of its British Superbike rider and manufacturer titles at Brands Hatch on Bank Holiday Monday, March 28th.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.