RXS100 Quick Questions

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted RXS100 Quick Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey
    As you can see i’m new here and i’ve signed up purely to seek some help or advice on my bike. Until i found out this site has more to offer.
    To the point, i own a Yamaha RXS100, not the most ideal bikes especially in the rain where anything over 30mph and your butter on hot chips. But it is definatly a keeper for a while. I just have a few questions below, any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

1. How can i increase the brightness of my lights e.g. headlamp/indicators?

2. The user manuals are a pain in the arse to get a hang onto, so what would be best to say at 28,000 miles, has the bike got alot of years left?

3. This one is daft, i don’t have the time to run it empty, but does anyone know of the fuel capacity. It has no fuel guage, just like the ns125r i had and many others, which is just mad.

4. On average, fully serviced what would you pay for a 1986 RXS100?

5. Why is there no specification online or anything devoted to this make and model?

6. In your own opinion (if you have ever owned one) what do you think about it?

Thanks again.

Andy

Gix
    Participant

I can answer your last question, I had one for a few months and it was a death trap, but my now ex bought it for well, lets just say not alot lol and he dont have a clue when it comes to bikes, it was a lemon, spent more time in bits with me fixing it than me riding it. Having said that, it was extremely cheap, had done over 50k and as far as i know, had never had a proper service, but the engine was sound…it was everything else that was falling apart lol
    and on that note….welcome to TBF [:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Andy and welcome

1. How can i increase the brightness of my lights e.g. headlamp/indicators?

You have 6volt electrics. Apart from a conversion to 12 volts which I suspect would be too expensive, you are limited to changing the wattage of your bulbs. See if a higher wattage alternative is available.

2. The user manuals are a pain in the arse to get a hang onto, so what would be best to say at 28,000 miles, has the bike got alot of years left?

Only real way to tell this is to listen to the engine with a trained ear and see if you can pick out rattles or rumbles – telltale signs that it may be up for some serious work. Ask the garage mechanic at the next MOT what he reckons. Have heard reports that this engine is only good for 30k but if it sounds OK and you do the basic maintenance (like regular oil & filter changes) this engine should be good for 40k without too much expense. Amateur tuning attempts have been known to trash these engines.

3. This one is daft, i don’t have the time to run it empty, but does anyone know of the fuel capacity. It has no fuel guage, just like the ns125r i had and many others, which is just mad.

Not sure of capacity but if you have a reserve switch, work out your range from full to reserve and treat that as the tank range. At 100MPG it should be OK! Not good to run completely dry as you suck up all the crap from the bottom of the tank.

4. On average, fully serviced what would you pay for a 1986 RXS100?

No idea but look at similar bikes on autotrader’s bike section
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/BIKES/bikes.jsp
    for a real world price.

5. Why is there no specification online or anything devoted to this make and model?

Probably there but need finding
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yamaha+rxs100+reviews
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=yamaha+rxs100+for+sale

6. In your own opinion (if you have ever owned one) what do you think about it?

Never owned one but never say never!!

Cheers

Thankyou very much Gix for your reply and thankyou imperialdata, you actually answered all my questions. I’ll definatly look into all those points highlighted, it’s much appreciated yet again and so is your time. You enjoy your weekend people and thanks for such a warm welcome. :)

Andy

katana
    Participant

This might help with your headlight upgrade question:

https://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php?
    BTW – Welcome to the Forum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.