Ride out 29th October. Matlock

Home Forums Meetings and events Ride out 29th October. Matlock

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

no worries ID, you missed a traffic filled A6 upto Chapel, though the A624 to glossop wasnt too bad, the snake was heaving, but we had a nice relaxing coffee and cig at fairholmes (derwent valley), some members from bc took some pics, when they sorted I will sort em here, now off for a cocktail of painkillers lol oh and pizza

Radar

Well the best laid plans of mice and men…

It all started out really well, I met up with SV650 riding AlexT from Bikers Cafe at Junction 3 of the M5 at 9:15 as agrred and we then enjoyed an 18 mile blip over to Thumper’s place in North Birmingham.

Already there were Imperial Data (KTM625)and his mate Steve (Hornet 600). Thumper was enjoying showing off his new toy, a 1995 Ducati M600 Monster, bought to fill the gap left by the departed TDR250.

PA290078.jpg
    AlexT’s Suzuki SV650 and my XJR at Thumper’s

PA290081.jpg
    Thumper in the foreground with his M600 Monster, with ID’s KTM, Steve’s Hornet, my XJR and Alex T on his SV in the background

We enjoyed a cuppa and a natter with AlexT and Steve blending in well with people they had not met before. Anyway we formed up with Thumper riding the KTM and ID trying the Monster for size. A quick blast down the back lanes and we rolled up at Bassetts and waited for Gix.

She duly rolled up with BK on the back of her Gixxer who was sporting some rather stylish pink pigtails. More chatting and we then formed up again to head for Matlock. ID and Steve were going to ride with us for a few minutes and then peel off due to family commitments. I took up the tail of the line and we headed off around the first island. A lovely sunny day, six varied bikes and some good roads ahead lay ahead:Perfect. Then ID got a puncture, barly a 1/4 of mile from BP…
    I pulled up with him and it was clear his riding was done for the day. The others had disappeared by now so I gave chase to let them know. Couldn’t find them (Gix was getting petrol), so I headed back to ID who had contacted the rest by mobile now. We left his KTM at a nearby house and then he jumped on the back of the XJR and we headed off to get his van.

However, nothing was simple today and his van was full of junk that had to be shifted so we could get the KTM in. We set to and soon had the back clear. By now Thumper had turned up on the Monster, and guess what? He had had to drop out too. Steve on the Hornet had noticed a white strip stuck to his back tyre. So he pulled over to discover this…

PA290082.jpg
    Slightly worn Monster tyre…

Matlock was now seemed a long way away. Gix and AlexT were on their own for now.

The plan was to go and get The KTM and then head to the two wheel centre to get new tyres for it and the Monster. Then we could try join the others in Matlock later.

PA290083.jpg
    “Is that the tyre centre at the Scott Arms”
    “Yes”
    “Do you have the tyres for a KTM and a Monster please?”
    “Bike Section is shut today”
    “Sh!t…”

So much for that idea then.

So we stuck the KTM in back of the van and took it back to ID’s.

PA290085.jpg
    Imperial Data with his troubled KTM

Then it was off to Thumpers very slowly to put the Monster away and get the 550 Kwack out. It is so handy to have a spare bike or two!
    A cuppa and sausage sandwich later it was 1:15 and Matlock was a no hoper for us. So we hooked up with Toggsy instead and he dragged his ZX6R out and we did a loop around some tasty roads as a concellation prize.

PA290089.jpg
    Thumper’s ZR550 and my XJR at Toggsy’s

So we didn’t get to Matlock, but we still had a laugh. Gix and Alex met up with DaveRS and Abo from Bikers cafe at Matlock. Hope you had a good day too, and sorry Gix looks like I STILL owe you breakfast!

Big_Katz
    Participant

there you go radar pic of my pink hair [:D][:p]
    29102006316wy6.jpg
    here’s a few pic’s from the ride out
    abo and daveRS

myprogressonthebike012.jpg
    suzane (daveRs better half) alexT
    myprogressonthebike013.jpg
    daveRs and gix’s bike
    myprogressonthebike016.jpg
    alexT and abo’s bike
    myprogressonthebike017.jpg

glad you four had an interesting day by the look’s of thing’s [:D][;)]

Radar

Loving the hair BK! The younger of my three sisters was one of the original Punks back in 1976 and she had her so many colours you wouldn’t believe, Looks like you had a good time, shame we missed it. Next summer on the 125!??

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good pics guys. One correction Radar, the stuff in my van is not junk, it has an intrinsic value known only to white van men.

Big_Katz
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Loving the hair BK! The younger of my three sisters was one of the original Punks back in 1976 and she had her so many colours you wouldn’t believe, Looks like you had a good time, shame we missed it. Next summer on the 125!??

o yes try stopping me [:p]
    it will be me and my little gs125 going every where and anywhere [:D]

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Big_Katz

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

o yes try stopping me [:p]
    it will be me and my little gs125 going every where and anywhere [:D]

Look forward to seeing you out there!!

Radar

One week on and Thumpers Duke is ready to roll once more!

PB040097.jpg

Thumper
    Participant

This is a picture of an unscrubbed Avon STORM AV56, 160/60ZR17. This has only been on the UK market for around four weeks the guy at the tyre place remarked. I wanted to move away from Bridgestones, for a change.

I guess that makes me a Guinea Pig then eh?!?!

I had a little play on Sunday morning, and so far……nice!

In fact I got a little caught out, as my toe touched the floor around a right hander much sooner than I imagined it would, and it took my foot clean of the peg!

The Profile is nice, and it will be interesting to see if the wet weather performance is as good as it suggests by the comprehensive tread.

Bring on the bends, and lets find out!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

You can’t go out in the rain on that bike mate. It’ll rust!

[Jealous – me?]

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.