Protective pads – removal

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Protective pads – removal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GSF K1
    Participant

The previous owner of my trusty steed went and stuck protective sticky pads on the tank and plastic. Obviously done a long time ago as what appears to be the top layer of the plastic has de-laminated and peeled off. Ive tried petrol, white spirits and Autglym tar/glue residue remover, but NOTHING is touching these pads.
    Any ideas what to try next (Fire not being a realistic option).

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

sid
    Participant

meths

life sucks get used to it

newk
    Participant

hair dryer

Radar

Thumper has just peeled off the rather lurid tank protector on his Stormdrain, drop him a PM for tips. He still oooks in, but has not posted much lately.

I make light look slow

GSX Rat
    Participant

Go to your local signwriters shop. Most of the stuff they produce these days is on sticky laser cut vinyls. They have stuff there that will shift caked on adhesive off almost anything without damaging whatever is underneath. If you take the bike and explain the situation, most of the time in exchange for a couple of beer tokens they will pop outside and do it for you there and then, or they will at least tell you what you need to get it off. If you need to buy it, its worth ringing round some others as this stuff is about £25 for 5 litres….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

I used my hairdryer on the tank protector on my aprilia, then simply T cut what little residue was left.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Scouser
    Participant

try nail varnish remover

Be seen and be Safe!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.