Project 300 sm/enduro Rebuild….

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Project 300 sm/enduro Rebuild….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Incidentally this is where the legend of the 300 originates…

Battle of Thermopylae, when 300 Spartans held of a huge opposing persian force for several days…a bit like Custers last stand without bugles!

Good old Wikipedia can tell you the rest…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

katana
    Participant

Pete – that looks the nuts!

Graphics really suit it

HippoDrones
    Participant

thanks mate! :-)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Removed the rim tape and fitted the new tyres.

Had a lil spin in the carpark, feels good but the forks are really soft and the front brake is not so brill with the small disc, It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to use the Brembo calliper that I have from the Mito project as it fouls the spokes, will still try fitting the new disk and master cylinder, but that can wait a while.

ab73992c.jpg

Radar

Where is this at now Pete?

HippoDrones
    Participant

the rear suspension needs rebuilding, there was a crack in the preload adjuster. That was the only pick up on the MoT, just frustrating I’ve got no time to sort it at the moment. Once I have that fixed and the MoT done I’ll be putting her up for sale. I wish I’d not spent so much time and money on it tbh as I’ll not get what I put into the build back on resale.

It was fun to do tho and imo she looks flippin awesome. Will possibly do another in the future but will probs be 4stroke and I have an incling to build a caferacer style bike. No money or time for new projects yet tho so need to get this one sorted and then hopefully sold

Radar

It is hard to put a value on the enjoyment you got from doing the job, and it does look ace.

I am going to lightly refurbish the Thundercat this winter. Mainly suspension and brakes, as both are still original and starting to show their age a bit

HippoDrones
    Participant

my lodger did the same to his CBR 600 recently and has rekindled his love for it (has covered over 90k on it now I think so was well over due lol) [:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I missed keeping up with this post Pete, it has really come on a long way. Very nice with the graphics and you did right removing the rim tape!

I embedded your video on page 4 of this post. You know, the one where you look like you’re stealing the bike? Must have been a proud moment!

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha thanks mate, I’ll be sure to use the embed feature for any more vids I post [:)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Have just sold the 300 today, will miss its silliness but need the room in the garage.

HippoDrones
    Participant

can’t believe it was 2yrs ago I was building this! Def want to have another go at a bike build again

Radar

Time does fly. I have ownwd my RD350LC YPVS nearly 2 years now and while it is still taxed and MOT’d my intended rebuild has not yet started.

What do you fancy as your next project Pete?

HippoDrones
    Participant

no idea at the mo, would love to build a 2T motogymkhana bike but it would be a money pit which is not an option I can sustain yet.

Radar

no idea at the mo, would love to build a 2T motogymkhana bike but it would be a money pit which is not an option I can sustain yet.

Does sound fun though

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.