Project 300 sm/enduro Rebuild….

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road Project 300 sm/enduro Rebuild….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

pieced some more bits together today, airbox has been rebuilt with all new screws and the brakes are now fitted, need new pads all round and fresh fluids. Need to work out how to mount the speedo sensor for my new log at some point and the tank needs some fresh paint as well

8a821533.jpg

struggled to get the springs fitted on the footpegs, all sorted now tho :)
    7f0a31e3.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

spent the day again in the garage, mostly productive :)

Fitted a water temp sensor for the new log:
    38a4e8ec.jpg

4ae4a9ed.jpg

Chain (and tax disc) fitted:
    40b0521f.jpg

no plate:
    82db4a81.jpg

front no board:
    b51ee846.jpg

Busy garage:
    e92ce3b6.jpg

have changed the brake pads front and rear and changed the fluid/bled them. Fresh oil in the gearbox, not a happy bunny tho, yet again ktm shows its weakness and I pretty much pulled the oil level screw out without spinning it as it looks like its thread has been stripped for several oil changes in the past. I have used silicone to hold it in place for now, that was how it had been held in before so it will hold until I can get it helicoiled.
    I still need to fit the log/speedo sensor onto the front wheel/brake calliper, repaint the tank and fit the rest of the plastics/graphics when I get them back. I just hope the ignition works lol as I forgot to label up the loom when I stripped it down 6 months ago :$

Its only very nearly built! :D :D :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

OMG… I’ve just had the finalised graphics emailed to me! [:D] Just need to order printing now!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Ordered some new tyres….

d1f14d74.jpg
    Goldspeed road legal cut slicks [:D]

…..

….

Oh you wanted to see the graphics?

….

…..

a lil taster:

1b0881b7.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Filled the rads with fresh coolant today and have put some paint on the tank. Wanted to fit the spanny as well but need some new mounts so ordered them as well. The graphics are looking like a go too so hopefully I’ll have tried to start it by the end of the weekend! [:)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Wow, things are moving quickly Pete. Love the pattern on the road slicks, really different.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Paid for the graphics today, they are off to the printers tomoz hopefully:

c7fec730.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Its all coming together now, just need to fit the zorst so I can try start it and then the graphics, grips, log sender and front brake set up once the disc and master cylinder turn up…. oh and a fresh set of rubber too! :D

2ea30b75.jpg

5f217a5b.jpg

d66890b9.jpg

0ab4ec88.jpg

Radar

Quick progress and looking good Pete

HippoDrones
    Participant

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQdXnWa5yVE[/youtube]

Radar

She lives! Sounds crisp too

HippoDrones
    Participant

I was totally stoked she fired up so easily, was sure I’d not wired the loom correctly or somit. Need to investigate the coolant leak today tho and try get that sorted, it is probably just a loose hose that I missed (crosses fingers lol)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Photo don’t do it justice, will put up some better ones once I’ve got some daylight:

6bdbbab8.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Managed to get some better phots in the daylight today. I really need to lose that nasty rim tape as it totally doesn’t work with the colours now (not a fan of rim tape anyhows), also need to sort the new front brake set up, get the tyres changed and get some new rad guards as the ones I have are a bit tatty.

8bd9d163.jpg

3044c614.jpg

ee6eb44d.jpg

bc1d2e66.jpg

0fd2f281.jpg

b8ba3503.jpg

3f9ae36a.jpg

db946875.jpg

d83cf53b.jpg

d654c3a2.jpg

Radar

Got to say that looks fantastic pete! Just get those finishing touches done and get out there and have some fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.