Prezzos new R1 dropped

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Prezzos new R1 dropped

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

Well 2 weeks after we got back from France,2500 miles of hassle free riding,prezzo has dropped his bike……he had too.He was going to work on a nice summers morning riding behind a delivery van,the van turned into the same street as him and over the speed humps,probably doing 15-20 mph,then suddenly the van slams on so prezzo brakes and stops,wandering why, prezzo looks ahead for the next move….the van starts to reverse,oh shit he shouts,beeping his horn and shouting very loudly….bang,there was nothing prezzo could do but jump off the bike.Lights,fairing,mirror,tank,brake peg,indicator and so on.The van driver had gone past his delivery addy and then seen it and just stopped and reversed,he has admitted liability.Prezzo now has a SV1000 coutersy bike in my garage that he has never rode coz it`s ” strange”his words not mine.He gets the R1 back next week.

Radar

At least he is OK. Very similar thing once happened to a mate of mine on a new Harley in Norwich.

Digger
    Participant

Yeah he`s` ok just his pride dented.

sid
    Participant

not his fault so his pride’s in place numpty bloody van driver not watching his moves

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by sid

not his fault so his pride’s in place numpty bloody van driver not watching his moves

Got to agree

Digger
    Participant

Prezzos in the dominican rep at the mo so is looking forward to his pride and joy….so am I as the R1 is getting delivered to my house…he he he.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice to hear all is OK but you’re the real victim here Digger. An SV1000 and an R1 in your garage and they ain’t yours! Tempted to have a blast on the SV?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

And sorry for not asking mate, where did you get to in France?

Digger
    Participant

Antibbes ID,Cannes and Nice then after 4 days chillin we headed back north over the Napoleon pass,mmmmmmm.The SV is a very tourqy bike,but the suspension lets it down,well on this one it does as Iv`e took it out and played round with the set up….it dose`nt get better.

Digger
    Participant

Oh,2 R1`s and the SV.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

f**king idiot van man!
    :@

least he got an sv thou out of it! :D

Radar

Nearly bought a new SV1000 when I got my XJR1300SP, sounds like I had a lucky escape!

Speed Monster
    Participant

DOH! another fine example of white van man getting it wrong! glad Prezzo’s ok.

Thumper
    Participant

Unlucky [about the damage] & lucky [not to get squashed] all at the same time!
    Glad he’s ok…but no ones need the hassle eh!

GSF K1
    Participant

Hmm.. was thinkning about the SV as an option after the Ninja.. I did read that the suspension was too soft all round.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.