Prescott Bike Festival 17th April 2016

Home Forums Meetings and events Prescott Bike Festival 17th April 2016

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I fancy going to this…anybody else….at the famous Hillclimb venue

17th April 2016
    Prescott Bike Festival – Sunday 17 April 2016 – The biggest annual fundraiser for Severn Freewheelers Prescott Bike Festival will take place once again on Sunday 17th April 2016. The Festival prides itself on its diversity and celebrates engineering excellence; from rare, classic, modern, customised to hand built bikes and those of historic significance, this year the organisers have secured the most diverse motorcycles yet, from the World’s fastest shopping trolley powered by a Chinook helicopter engine (holds record speed of 70.4mph/ 113.298kmh), the Carlos Checa’s MotoGP bike through to Bob Farmer, winner of the 1966 Lightweight Manx TT with his 1960’s Aermacchi (the model he took the win on).

Unlike a static bike show, Prescott gives you the unique opportunity to get up close to see, smell and hear lots of historic, classic and race bikes run the historic hill climb course; “better than Goodwood”, said one excited visitor. There are so many significant motorcycles heading to Prescott this year including the Kevin Schwantz’ 1995 Suzuki RGV500 XR85, the last Suzuki GP bike Schwantz ever rode.

Prescott Bike Festival is a big celebration of man and machine with large displays of historic, modern and race bike, plus a Paddock Specials Show ‘n’ Tell area, and the unique opportunity for members of the public to take part in the spectacle by ‘running the hill’ or participating in a thrilling passenger ride experience. There’s also a whole raft of entertainment too with music by 1950s inspired rockabilly band, Josie and the Outlaw and Chickenbone John with his custom guitars! Regular motorcycle stunt shows, biker celebrity appearances plus hundreds of trade stands, motorcycle manufacturers and visiting clubs – what’s more it helps to raise money and awareness for the Blood Bikes charities.

Prescott Bike Festival is a ‘Must Do’ day out for all motorcycling enthusiasts. What’s more, all event proceeds of the event go to The Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes and Severn Freewheelers.

Gates Opens at: 08:30am, Track action starts at: 10:00am. The Festival closes at: 17:00.
    Free parking, free motorcycle side stand puck and free helmet park for bikers All details of exhibitors and celebrity appearances are available on the website.

To purchase tickets or for more information please click here.

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/bike-festival-2016

Radar

£15 on the day, £12 in advance

Radar
    elessimo
    Participant

Get there and text/call me, Radar.

Failing that, rendezvous at the start line at 12 noon?

8)

Radar

Get there and text/call me, Radar.

Failing that, rendezvous at the start line at 12 noon?

8)

Sounds like a plan, I hope to have one or two others along as well

r6ymy
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t make this now, have to give my daughter a lift to Stansted airport.
    Hoping to get to Bristol the following weekend though. maybe see some of you there https://www.biamf.co.uk/

Radar

Unfortunately I can’t make this now, have to give my daughter a lift to Stansted airport.
    Hoping to get to Bristol the following weekend though. maybe see some of you there https://www.biamf.co.uk/

Shame you can’t make it. That show in Bristol does look good,  but I will be visiting Norfolk then. If things change I will give you a shout. Would you take some pics and post them on here?

Radar

So far we have the Big E going and I might be taking a group of 3 or 4 down. All depends on the weather. Fingers crossed!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Damn, I wanted to make that one this year, looks a great event. I’m not around but if anything changes I’ll let you know.

Radar

Looks like we have Thumper, Toggs and one or too others joining me for the ride there. Should be meeting up with Elissimo and Katana in there. Hope the weather holds

elessimo
    Participant

Looks like we have Thumper, Toggs and one or too others joining me for the ride there. Should be meeting up with Elissimo and Katana in there. Hope the weather holds

And Olly and Jed – we’ll need to take over a bar…..    8)

Radar

And Olly and Jed – we’ll need to take over a bar…..    8)

Well I am now meeting Thumper, Toogs and Geeg there. So we should have 6 folks in all…good stuff. Looking forward to a grand day out!

Radar

Well some days go to plan and others just don’t….I set off for the show on the 550 in bright sunshine and reasonable temps. Pleasant ride down into Gloucestershire but the fuel gauge is low. So about 3 miles from the show I pull in to fill up the bike, save the hassle later. I have a missed called from Thumper’s Mrs. Oh I have a bad feeling about this…so I call back. Poor old Geeg has dropped his Thundercat on the way down in convoy with Thumper and Toggs. He is OK but the T’cat is battered and not rideable. So they won’t be joining us. Just so long as Geeg is OK, that is main thing. I knock off the last few miles to the show and pull into the bike park. The small piece of hard standing and the first field are both packed. The ground is really boggy but I gingerly make my way to the 2nd field. Now this is doing a passable impression of the Somme battlefield in WW1 and I wound up getting bogged down and needed two blokes help get the bike clear. There is no way I could safely ride across this and many people were just leaving. I extricated myself from the quagmire and tried to find a bit of decent ground along the lane to park in but they were already taken by folks having the same idea. Quite a few people just turned around and went home. I headed back out and found somewhere to pull over and phone the Big E. I was a bit hacked off by now and decided to head home too. By all accounts Big E met up with jed and Olly Ok and there were some cracking bikes on show and running the hill.

Check them out here
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/prescott-bike-festival-2016-review/  

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.