Prescott Hill Climb 2015

Home Forums Meetings and events Prescott Hill Climb 2015

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    elessimo
    Participant

Well, it was good weather so I strapped the elbow together and set off with Jed on his 1700 Trumpet – he led mainly on A roads so we were at Prescott Hill in good time. Well organised event. Walked in and met Darth Vader and a posse of Stormtroopers – hmmm…..
    02%20DSC_0856_zpsgntcdyhi.jpg
    Welcome!
    01%20DSC_0854_zpslqcpbqta.jpg
    This guy was seriously quick.
    04%20DSC_0859_zpsixmn8vgq.jpg
    The course is now easy to walk – a far cry from slipping around on mud and tree roots while watching my Dad race Morgans here 30 years ago!
    07%20DSC_0864_zpscvheddlq.jpg
    George Shuttleworth at the second hairpin…
    08%20DSC_0866_zpszegtqvmr.jpg
    George guns it
    13%20DSC_0886_zps186dl9nc.jpg
    That quick guy I mentioned earlier…
    23%20DSC_0959_zpsbmfnruf3.jpg
    This fully luggaged tourer was rapid!
    26%20DSC_0972_zpsuicnzw1c.jpg
    Full marks for attitude…
    29%20DSC_0989_zpse0npdf28.jpg
    No suprise: the three supermotos were flying…
    34%20DSC_1017_zpscyonpv3d.jpg
    Good hairpin style…
    35%20DSC_1018_zpsqzifrise.jpg
    Takes all sorts….
    Next year Jed will hopefully be riding the hill on his modified Buell – should be worth seeing!
    Well, after meeting Ol and missing other mates we set off: I led the return route, cleverly choosing only poor quality B-roads and farm tracks to shake up my elbow until I almost lost use of my throttle hand. Note to self: choose good roads for the next few months.
    So we went to the first Bikernite the following Wednesday (at Hunters Inn, Buckbury, near Tewkesbury) – Jed’s satnav led the route home via B-roads & farm tracks…. Oh well….

katana
    Participant

Bugger, can’t believe I missed this! It’s only down the road from me.

I’ve been a couple of times and its always a good event.

Great photos elessimo

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Excellent pics and lovely weather it seems.  That ‘Flying Millyard’ looks scary though!

katana
    Participant

The Flying Millyard is so called because the engine uses 2 cylinders from a Pratt and Whitney Radial aircraft engine.

https://thekneeslider.com/allen-millyard-builds-a-5-liter-v-twin/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4EA0dnAM8

I’ve met Allen a couple of times (he uses an engineering firm that I also use). He is the man responsible for the V12 Kawasaki and the V10 Viper engined bike amongst others.

Radar

Some great pictures there, it does look like a superb event. I must go next year.

I looked up Katana’s reviews from a couple of years back but his pictures have gone from the posts which is a shame. i remember they good pictures. Any chance you could add them again?

The Flying Mallard is impressive, he is one talented engineer that lad!

Cheers for posting!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.