Ouch! Got sideswiped by Van.

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Ouch! Got sideswiped by Van.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

Got a glancing blow from a rogue white van man today. He changed his mind at a roundabout exit and cut acroos me path. No harm done though, except that something on the van ripped open my boot from toe to ankle, leaving me with a bruised foot. Could have been a lot worse. Tw^t just drove off.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

We’ve had similar experience born2b, same thing he cut accross into our lane, knocked the handlebars, van was still coming over and trapped my foot between van and footpegs……Bloody hurt…foot went totally black, but the prick of this van did stop and apologise, we thought he should know better as he was driving a van with scooters in! But wasnt gonna let it spoil our journey to West Bay in Dorset…Was a beautiful warm sunny day!

sid
    Participant

did you get his reg b2bm?

Born2BMild
    Participant

No missed it. Gotta remember things like that, so I can hunt him down later[}:)]

newk
    Participant

ffs m8 you will have no good bits left soon

Radar

Glad you are basically OK. Pity you didn’t get the Reg as Sid suggested. If he is on your regular commute, keep an eye out for him, you might see him again, then you can get his number and perhaps reoport him. Note all the details of todays incident just in case.

Born2BMild
    Participant

My boot after the mishap!

It works out quite well really. As my foot is swollen, it leaves me room to get it on and it also provides ventilation so my foot doesn’t smell when I change into me slippers at work. Its an ill wind.. so they say.

3206350754.jpg

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Ouch painful Lol!

The Beast
    Participant

t**ts like this should be wiped from the face of the earth! was it a plain van or sign written? basically would you recognise it again?

Born2BMild
    Participant

It was plain, but it happened locally… just down the road, so now doubt I’ll see him again[}:)]

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Born2BMild

It was plain, but it happened locally… just down the road, so now doubt I’ll see him again[}:)]

Even if he dont see you lol!
    Dont bet on seeing him again though, I am still looking for car that sideswiped me, he ended up with scratches down his door, must of cos I stuck knee into it with sliders on, and happened just down road from me, but have not seen car since (I got part of his reg no too)….he will have had scratches sorted now though.[:(!]

Born2BMild
    Participant

He must now you Gix and gone into hiding[:o)]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.