Non starter R1 yam

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Non starter R1 yam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    NSH41
    Participant

I have a 2003 R1 for my sins, all the electric come on & the start up electrics all wur in to life but when the starter button is pressed all that happens is a popping from the solenoid area under the seat, the engine wur’s over occaionally but it wont fire or start…i have checked the battery & is OK & all the fuses , connections are Ok ….
    Help as the sun is coming !!!

Hopefully all sorted now,,,,many thanks to you all for your help !!

sid
    Participant

had the same problem myself mate on an xjr it was the starter solonoid have you had any wiring done recently?

Gix
    Participant

Welcome to the forum NSH41, not sure what your electrical problem is as never experienced it with mine, but then it must be a Yam thing…..buy a suzuki![:o)][:D][;)]

NSH41
    Participant

Sid,
    Thanks mate, I had that thought aswell, is it a common problem, bloody thing started last week, …

Big_Katz
    Participant

hi ya welcome sure some1 will help u with ur problem some nice people in here

ScooterChic
    Participant

welcome to the bike forum

sid
    Participant

not common mate but if you send the wrong voltage to it or send it a surge up it it blows theyre about £40 off ebay but you should find one at a breakers cheaper
    do you have a mate with a yamaha you could borrow his to test but see if you can trace what caused it first or you might blow his out as well

NSH41
    Participant

A local garage has just confirmed that theory, apparently its a occurence that is becoming more common..! Thanks to all those wo have ansewered !!!!..
    whats the best breakers to source a solenoid from ??

sid
    Participant

http://www.bike-Breakers.Info
    fill out the online form and the breakers email you with a price if they have what you need mate
    try getting the part number off it and quote that as well cos they may have one off another bike that would fit

NSH41
    Participant

Your are a star, filed form & will see what comes up !!
    cant thank you enough !!

sid
    Participant

thank me when its sorted lol show us your bike then mate

NSH41
    Participant

How do you put your bike on here ? or where ?
    More than happy for you to see pic at Brands on a track day Last year ?

sid
    Participant

open an online photo album at photo bucket and then you can link them to here

Gix
    Participant

full instructions Here hope this helps[:)]

Digger
    Participant

Hello NSH41,welcome to the forum mate,niceone another R1 rider.Not had any lecky probs yet touch wood but it dos`nt like the cold especially wind chill of -2 lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.