my poor gixer

Home Forums CRASH! my poor gixer

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

You never complained to me. Fnarr, Fnarr.

Any pics of you on the Yamaha?

Gix
    Participant

not quite, mads took a pic of me gettin off it.
    Took it into Lincoln to see Pete today, gotta say, as much as I try I just cant learn to like it. Its doing its job but I really want my bike back now.

Gix
    Participant

Had a call from BLD this afternoon, Mikes insurance company have accepted full liabilty now at last, and BLD are just waiting for a date from them for them to inspect the bike, they will call me as soon as there is any progress/results on the claim. Bad news is that I am unlikely to get the non refundable waiver back from the hire bike as its usually counted by third parties insurers as “contagious loss”, in other words its deemed unnecessary expense because I could have risked paying the refundable deposit, however, doing that would have left me £500 out of pocket had anything happened to the hire bike rather than the £50 non refundable waiver.

Born2BMild
    Participant

I’ll pay for that, Gix

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Born2BMild

I’ll pay for that, Gix

cheers chick, but they may pay it yet….

anyways, had update on bike and I asked for a breakdown of what damage/cost etc, to be emailed to me. GULP!

I was right about subframe, its bent. My insurers are saying they would repair it, but it all hangs on the ebike insurance assessor, who is yet to even make an appointment to inspect the bike. Parts needed are as follows –

Rear Seat Cowl
    Undertray (AM)
    Numberplate
    Short Arrow carbon mini indicators (AM)
    Left Pillion Peg
    Left Hand Hero Bolt
    Blue Flame Titanium twin outlet (AM) – I asked them about this as I couldnt see any visible damage, apparently its slightly creased where it meets link pipe
    Gear lever
    LH Side Panel
    LH Crank Cover
    Gasket for above
    Crash Boobins (AM)
    Front Cowl
    Left Hand Mirror
    Subframe

Total cost including labour….. £2713.40 [:0]
    Cost is subject to confirmation on price of parts

As Ebike are draggin their heels on this, its almost certain I wont have my bike back for RNLI Charity meet (Cat and Fiddle May 6th) which is a real bummer.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Gutted for you Gix :(

Hopefully they will pull that fat thumb outta their butt sharish and get you back on a proper bike ;) (soz Radar)

Radar

Not surprising the quote for a new front wheel, bearing, tyre and labour for the T cat is £624!! I hope that they do not write it off on you.

Sidevalve
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this, but you are OK which is the main thing

katana
    Participant

Hope they don’t wrie it off on you – then again I am looking for a fighter project.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.