my poor gixer

Home Forums CRASH! my poor gixer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Well, it wasnt a high speed spectacular high side, no, it wasnt a long trip down the tarmac….but alas my pride and joy is still no longer a minter.
    What started out as a trip up to the Cat and Fiddle with Born2BMild another member from my own site (Dave) to meet the GJ crowd, turned out to be a bit of a non starter….
    B2BM and Dave arrived at my house as planned ready to set off for 10am Sunday morning, kitted up, off we went, first stop for fuel about 3/4 of a mile from my house. All done off we headed towards Tamworth to take up the Elford run to the A515 and onto Buxton. Unfortunately, we didnt make it out of Tamworth, actually we only made it a couple of hundred yards from the garage…..
    Those who know Tamworth will know the series of roundabouts that replaced the “egg” under the arches on the outer part of Tamworth town centre. Well, over first small roundabout safely, up a short incline to second roundabout, couple of cars on the roundabout so come to a stop, let a car go across from the right as you do, another car just behind him, now I had an incling that the second car was going to turn left but as he didnt indicate, I played it safe and stayed put, unfortunately someone behind me didnt…..
    One second I was sitting waiting to pull on to roundabout, the next I am rather ungracefully flung sidewards onto the armco barrier, bashing the back of my head hard enough to give me the mother of all headaches lol, my bike was on its side.
    So what happened? It seems that B2BM had also had an incling that the car was going to turn so had assumed I had decided to go for it. Now, I dont know if poor old B2BM slipped the clutch off too suddenly but he pulled away with some force, his bike apparently, according to Dave, riding up the back of my bike, onto swingarm, and his front tyre then came down rubbing the paint off the left hand fairing. The force of impact cracked my seat unit, his mud gaurd caught my tail tidy and reg plate, smashing the plate and bending the tidy, clipping the indy with his bike as well. That was the damage from the impact, when the bike went over, it scraped up the left engine cover, mirror housing and crash bung, his front tyre also caught the top of my tank, but luckily it caught on the tank protector so the rub marks are only on tank protector.
    My bike is being taken away tomorrow afternoon and a hire bike dropped off. They are taking it to somewhere in Hampshire to be assessed by technicians from my insurance and from B2BM’s insurance, they will of course check for structural damage as with any impact there is an above average risk of twisting/creasing of the subframe/frame/swingarm, especially the subframe and swingarm as they are the structural parts that took the force of the impact, force enough to crack seat unit (its as if its creased and cracked through lack of flexibility lol).
    My new lid is now only good for the bin, unfortunately, I have only found one in this country and its the wrong size, my local supplier even called KBC for me to see if they had any hanging around or if they knew if any of their officially KBC retailers had any, and apparently they were a limited edition and are no longer available. bugger [V]
    So thats it, B2BM dont feel too bad hun, shit happens, but I will never forgive you if the courtesy bike is a yamaha, and I will physically cause you pain if its a Honda, but if its a Kawasaki, well dont come out of hiding……[:o)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Eeek! Glad all are OK but that’s a bad stroke of luck. Bummer.

Radar

Glad you are bith OK. Bikes can be fixed. Hope you get a YB100 loaner, I might have a chance of keeping up then!

katana
    Participant

Good to hear you are both OK.

Good excuse to streetfigher the Gixer?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by katana

Good to hear you are both OK.

Good excuse to streetfigher the Gixer?

its not damaged enough to warrant streetfightering TBH, and the insurance is paying for repairs.

katana
    Participant

I could come round with my angle grinder anyway? I’ve got a new one in a smart plastic case.

Gix
    Participant

lmao men and toys….[:o)]

katana
    Participant

he who dies with the most toys wins

HippoDrones
    Participant

Bad luck Gix, hope ya get it fixed up asap and are back out hooning around again soon :)

Gix
    Participant

oh god the despair, the embarressment….they have left me with a yamaha….a 55 plate FZ1 [V]

Digger
    Participant

Bad luck matey,glad both of you are well,will b2b add this latest spill to his memoirs.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

oh god the despair, the embarressment….they have left me with a yamaha….a 55 plate FZ1 [V]

See every cloud has a silver lining!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha, whatever happened to insurance sortin like for like :lol: feckers

Scouser
    Participant

Glad your both OK.

Bet B2b was sick! It could have been the mating season for Suzies and you 2 just got in the way of what comes naturally? That’s how bikes are made, yes?

Gix
    Participant

Normally I wouldnt complain about getting rammed from behind…..

ooops did I just say that??? [:I][:o)]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.