Muppet!

Home Forums CRASH! Muppet!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Went for a quality ride on Sunday and met up with a bunch of mates up Box Hill. After a bit we got bored drinking coffee so headed down to P&H in Crawley. Yet another cracking ride, met a lad I’ve not seen for around 3yrs which was cool.

Anyway headed off back to Box with me leading, I found a Ferarri on the by-pass so had a play, my Trumpet so would of had him if only the Ferarri wasn’t so bloody wide! lol more laughs. Anyway by now I was feeling on top of the world, had even forgotten about getting stopped for speeding on Friday (106mph). As I say feeling on top of the world and the greatest rider ever, get to the Capel bypass and I hear one of the bikes following tooting his horn repeatedly. Me being the kind considerate leader of the pack look behind me to see what is up and see his SRAD buzz passed the guy behind me flashing his lights and signalling “slow down” as he thought there was gonna be a speed trap ahead.

I am now looking backwards at a madly flashing and tooting biker who suddenly stops the noise and starts looking concerned. As I realise this it dawns on me that I was actually on a roundabout and perhaps better look where I’m going, which I do…..

….. Yup I’m now heading straight for the only bloody lamp-post around! I managed to scrub off some speed before both wheels hit the outside kerb of the roundabout at the same time sliding. The bike flips from cranked over to the right to fully decked out on the left as it fell over the kerb and catapults me one side of the lamp-post and falls over to the otherside of it. Talk about target fixation, I’d have been wrapped around it if it wasn’t for the kerb!

It wasn’t a bad spill but so could have been so much worse.

Speed Monster
    Participant

OOOOOPS! Glad to hear you’re ok Pete. Ya loon!

Gix
    Participant

Geez Pete glad youre ok! Just be careful ok?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

Geez Pete glad youre ok! Just be careful ok?

I second that. Glad you Ok to tell the tale. Much damage to the bike?

Digger
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your spill mate and the ticket, the main thing is that your ok.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Bent bars/bar risers. Thats all, oh and now its a bit heavier with all the mud lol!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Bad one Pete but as you say, could have been much worse. Are Trumpet bits expensive compared to Jap stuff?

HippoDrones
    Participant

A friend off another forum has sorted me out a new set of bars (not Trumpet tho) and I’m gonna apply a big hammer to the bent riser;)

Don’t know about the prices of parts compared to othe makes

thanks all for the support. Am gonna have the cleanest bike by the time I get me licence back which is kinda a good thing for the bike. May if I can find some funds once my car is sold get a project Gixer750/1000. Would like a k4 if I can find one for the right price

HippoDrones
    Participant

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day, have bars on my lap and hammer in the garage. Gonna be back on two wheels again! Yippie, its amazing how much you miss riding even when its just for 4 days if you are unble to get on the bike for whatever the reason.

Scouser
    Participant

Glad your OK Pete. Be Triuphant in your repair! (sorry I’ll get me coat)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.