Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Home Forums Members’ bikes Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Hi pips and pipettes, has been a while since I posted, hope you are all well?

Don asked me to post up what I am doing with Lord Vader as I am throwing some cash at it currently.

Currently it is basically that, just throwing cash at it, am buying the bits that are bolt ons but have also ordered some pretty yummy stuff which needs to be specially built for the bike.

It is odd because to me Lord Vader was always far greater than the sum of it’s parts and on paper it should have been horrid compared to some of the exotica I have been lucky enough to have owned, yet it has been one of the nicest bikes I have ever had. I’ve not really ridden for the past 18months/2years ish and the V7 was looking pretty sorry for itself covered in dust and cobwebs. This has now been remedied and has had a major service and it’s first (belated) MoT. I have even commuted on it a couple of times but it is def getting chilly out so not sure how many 6am commutes it’ll be doing this year.

Here is a pic of my bike unmolested:

DSC_0129_zps2bdwfvet.jpg

The first thing I’ve done is get it breathing a bit more freely by fitting a K&N filter into the airbox and swapping out the rather huge silencers for something a little slinkier:

DSC_0056_zpst8xqnixx.jpg

They are as rude as they look, not sure how long my neighbours would put up with my 6am commute either! lol.

As I said, I have ordered a few bits and bobs, a new micro speedo/dash is currently the most exotic which has a 4 week build time and is coming from France. I have also just ordered a pair of fully adjustable rear shocks from Hagon, am waiting for my local K-Tech dealer to get back in touch about converting the front forks to fully adjustable which I’ll get booked in for as soon as they do. Am wanting to replace the wheels with some fancy tubeless spoked ones and a full Beringer front brake set up, but need my new credit card to arrive before I can order them. I have plans for the rear end of the bike involving a skateboard, a hacksaw and a welder lol and once the bum is sorted I’ll be getting a custom built seat made for it. I’d really like to bin the OE switchgear too but have not decided if I want to make my own replacements or buy a micro set up, will need to think about that one I guess.

As progress happens I’ll update further….

Radar

Some big mods there Pete, not seen replacement switch gear before, you got any pics or links of what you are looking at?

HippoDrones
    Participant

Some big mods there Pete, not seen replacement switch gear before, you got any pics or links of what you are looking at?

La_Parisienne_5.jpg

Radar

That is very neat, but my fat fingers might struggle with it!

Radar

Might get some inspiration from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y9dtO6rF8

ses310

Some nice mods there Pete! Bet those zausts sound pretty awesome! I feel a Youtube vid coming????

HippoDrones
    Participant

Will sort a vid of them vs the OE….

HippoDrones
    Participant

As promised:

Before with standard pipes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESdwzrMkuY

As is now with amazeballs pipes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2g1qtGVfJY

The chrome is far shinier than the OE downpipes so I am going to do something I never thought I would ever do and add pipe wrap, it can look good but more often than not it don’t so I hope it works out, otherwise my whole thing for the bike will have to change as chrome is most definitely included in the agenda!

Radar

That does sound WAY better, fair play

HippoDrones
    Participant

The bike is booked in for the K-Tech fork cartridge kit and springs for my body weight. They are also going to set up the rear Hagon shocks for me too. Gotta wait until November for that but it should mean that my new instruments will be due around then too so the new look will start to take shape.

HippoDrones
    Participant

The rear shocks arrived today:
    DSC_0054_zpshmmepela.jpg

After around 30min they were fitted:
    DSC_0056_zpst8xqnixx.jpg
    _20161013_155217_zpsfevmfp3e.jpg
    _20161013_155146_zpsvlih6sao.jpg

Radar

You put them on upside down ;D Or are the shocks right and the bike upside down?

All jokes aside, they look the part…have they improved things?

HippoDrones
    Participant

They will need setting up before I’ll notice any improvements, they are very soft at the moment.

Have started putting some bits together as they arrive:

DSC_0085_zpsmqacyplw.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsf2z8cih9.jpg

DSC_0089_zps6oezw5fb.jpg

DSC_0091_zps6kzppcxg.jpg

DSC_0093_zpscyugw4cw.jpg

DSC_0094_zpsbn6vgxhf.jpg

DSC_0095_zpsn6jxn5bb.jpg

katana
    Participant

Pete

That is looking really good

HippoDrones
    Participant

Thanks mate, lots and lots still to sort on it though, bank balance is suffering! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.