Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Home Forums Members’ bikes Moto Guzzi V7 Transformation

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Radar

That’s a shame. When I saw I wrecked it FML I thought you might of binned it!

Couple of thoughts. Could you get the pattern engraved into to the skateboard, this would protect it. Not cheap though. Or maybe cover it with clear perspex?

Love the Pick up truck in the video as you pulled up.

The bike sounds as sweet as a nut too.

Great sound quality on the video by the way

HippoDrones
    Participant

I hadn’t realised how that could have been interpreted until after I’d posted, soz is kinda click-baity which wasn’t my intention. I love the sound, it is a bit much for long trips on motorways though so will have to stick to the fun roads instead! :D

Radar

I hadn’t realised how that could have been interpreted until after I’d posted, soz is kinda click-baity which wasn’t my intention. I love the sound, it is a bit much for long trips on motorways though so will have to stick to the fun roads instead! :D

No worries, just glad it wasn’t too drastic!

HippoDrones
    Participant

me too…. am gutted nonetheless, but it is sort of fixable, although I shall tread a different path to get a unique result hopefully! :-)

katana
    Participant

You could get the same design onto a bit of stainless?

Scan or get a pdf of the design and make up a sticker mask then have it vapour blasted.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Aye, could be doable or something similar :)

Radar

You could get the same design onto a bit of stainless?

Scan or get a pdf of the design and make up a sticker mask then have it vapour blasted.

Couple of good ideas there

HippoDrones
    Participant
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Well this waiting game sucks balls. Popped over to see how the chap was getting on with painting my bike, (he told me when I dropped them off he needed 3 weeks which I’d given him), he hasn’t even started on it, am kinda pissed off as my winter project is turning into a summer project. I’ve missed out on riding the bike the last 3 weeks after him telling me to drop the bits off to him…. Hope he pulls his finger out soon! :(

HippoDrones
    Participant

Customising my Moto Guzzi V7 hasn’t been without it’s stresses, in fact today by being a tit I just cost myself £500 as I trashed my fuel pump by over torquing it so am a bit grumpy this eve. I have however got my new paintwork back and fortunately I got a refund today on an ebay sale that was arse so rough with the smooth an all that. Anyhows, I still have a load to do cosmetically on it and obviously I need to get it running too.

Here is a pic of what it looked like as standard:

20130415_133006_zps2c461e9c.jpg

and here is where I’m at as of today:

DSC_0359_zpst1vis3z8.jpg

DSC_0360_zpsgca6mhtl.jpg

DSC_0361_zpszk6ojdbb.jpg

Radar

Man, that looks cool 8)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Man, that looks cool 8)

Unfortunately the fuel pump looks poo though! :D

_20170615_201303_zpskwmpfkn9.jpg

katana
    Participant

Pete

The Guzzi looks really great.

Bad luck about the fuel pump. Let me know if you want a hand at getting it repaired – I might be able to help.

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers mate, have already ordered a new pump but offer appreciated :)

Radar

Man, that looks cool 8)

Unfortunately the fuel pump looks poo though! :D

_20170615_201303_zpskwmpfkn9.jpg

That is a grade 1 bummer, hope the bit rocks up soon…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.