LEVIATHANRAN

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe LEVIATHANRAN

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

That’s too harsh GSXRat. Agreed that there are some people who should not be passed for safety reasons but I’ve had a chat with Levi about what he failed on and it seems particularly unfair on the examiner’s part. Where there are people in positions of power you can often find the ‘Little Hitler’ or the ‘Jobsworth’ types. Most bikers think of themselves as capable riders but would not like to come up against these instructors on a bad day, myself included.

Hesitancy to overtake a tractor on an unfamiliar motorcycle on a test day? Should that really be a failure or should it be an advisory and be pointed out that extra confidence comes later with familiarity of the bike and road miles under your belt?

My test was taken in the days where nobody followed you, they just observed you riding around the same circuit and finally jumped out for the emergency stop. The test was much easier then so I feel in no place to criticise anyone who has failed the new test. My real learning came with on-road experience and it’s great to think that this can now be done under the eye of trained instructors instead.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

It’ just the way rat biker sees things m8, he probably didn’t mean for it to sound harsh or anything.

GSX Rat
    Participant

Didnt mean it to sound that way ID / Lev, its just that at the end of the day they have a job to do, and im sure that you would rather see a few people have to retake a test than it be the other way round, and borderline cases get a license anyway..

there’s enought bad drivers on the road without opening the way up to any more, sure it sucks that you failed – i did both tests, i did one at 17 same as ID where they stand at the side of the road, and to be fair it was a piece of pi$$, but i also did the new one and that isnt much harder, although i took that one with several years of riding experience.

Sh!t happens, retake it and pass then you wont have to worry about it any more….

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.