KTM250 EXC F 2009 Review

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road KTM250 EXC F 2009 Review

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    max
    Participant

sounds like your having fun

max
    Participant

you’ll be buying a ktm 990adv next as your first bike[:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

*cough… 1st bike my arse… cough* LOL [:p]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well KTM’s crash well! LOL

found a nice road with a sign stating “Not Suitable For Vehicals” and it was like a rag to a bull! LOL

Went down it and yup, they were right hehehee but the KTM took it all in its stride and laughed at me I thought I may as well join in and a mad chuckling could be heard over the beat of a single cylender engine being thrapped! :D

As soon as I got to the end I turned around and went back up it and although it was tougher going up it I made it all the way and then carried on my ride to Talland Bay for lunch.

On the way back I decided to have another pop at it and yup, down it was easy, going back up wasn’t so and I tumbled off it hitting the kill switch before I’d stopped rolling around in the dirt giggling my head off! :D

Only damage is a snapped clutch lever and possibly a scratch on my swingarm so shall get onto my local KTM dealers and sort a replacement(plus some spares)

Radar

It didn’t take long! LOL. Looks you are going to making a few posts in this section in the coming months!

https://bikemeet.net/index.php?board=80

HippoDrones
    Participant

Hahahaha hopefully not too many! :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00678-1.jpg

They are kinda botched on coz I ordered the wrong ones :$ LOL but hopefully they will do the job still :)

I also got my MX bike lift too, no pics of that although I should have taken some seein as it was on it enough this afternoon!

I had a go at setting the suspenders up today, due to me being so super fit and light weight (streak of piss LOL) I am gonna have to get a new rear WP spring as I am about 2kg’s too light for the current spring. I have hopefully softened it all a bit tho and will find out on Sunday when I get a morning of Green Laning thanks to a friendly local TRF member showin me some routes :D (as long as my replacement clutch lever turns up!)

I also gave my air filter a clean today, am just waiting for it to dry so I can coat it in filter oil and re fit it tomoz.

I am really enjoying this bike so far and it being high maintenance is kinda cool too as even when I’m not riding it, there is always something I can be doing to it! :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hope it’s not me being dumb but what did you fit in the pics Pete?

HippoDrones
    Participant

Ahh soz, fitted the handguards. I was sure I mentioned it before the pic but I guess I must have had fat thumbs and deleted it coz the text has vanished? LOL

imperialdata
    Keymaster

You mentioned they arrived by mail in another post mate.

Bit naff if the handguards and lever broke but I guess it could have been your hands.

HippoDrones
    Participant

didn’t have any handguards fitted before and the lever snapped coz I had the clutch perch mounted too tight on the bars so it couldn’t roll around the bar if knocked!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Didn’t know that was a trick of the trade for off-road. Makes sense.

How about slackening off the wheel nuts so the wheels don’t buckle in an accident [;)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

good plan, will do that now! ;)

LOL

HippoDrones
    Participant

What can I say…..

This bike ROCKS, spent the day green laning and although I have no other bikes to compare it to it did everything it was asked to do (except one bit, but it did that when my mate told it to and showed me how to climb rocks!) :D

I am well battered came off 3 times but the bike survived (although one of the botched on handguards didn’t) Am grinning like a Cheshire cat! :D :D :D

TT07
    Participant

Great to hear you had a good day too. Yes you can have plenty of fun when gunning it doesnt mean excessive road speed but more like attacking a difficult section with more throttle instead of choosing to back off.[:D][:D]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.