Improvised bike parts

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Improvised bike parts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

I once had a CB100N and the choke lever[PULL UP KNOB]broke off so i had to fasten a small bolt to the existing cable and use that.It worked perfect so i didnt bother buying a newone….How tight is that…

Take it easy out there

Scouser
    Participant

It wasn’t one of those’bolt-on accessories’ was it?[:D]

Be seen and be Safe!

Scouser
    Participant

speaking of which..One of the down pipes on the 2 into 4 exhaust on my GSX1100 snapped just as it entered the balance box; and I couldn’t afford a new exhaust at the time, and it was in a really bad position for patching up. I didn’t know any welders so I went in my garage, found a chrome tube off a Vax carpet shampoo m/c, cut a 5″ pc off and stuffed it half and half into the downpipe and the balance box. Clagged it all round with exhaust putty and that was it job done! Passed its MOT and sounded great; there was one strange side effect though………………..

(Singing)
    “You do the shake-and-vac and put the freshness back, do the shake-and-vac and put the freshness back!”LOL[:D]

Be seen and be Safe!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

‘When your Gixxer smells good, the room does too
    Every time you vacuum, remember what to do’

I really fancied the Shake and Vac lady back then.

Scouser
    Participant

I used to fancy the OXO lady the one before the Bellingham one; and even now whenever I use an OXO cube, It reminds me of….

Receipies for other uses for OXO, like a nice hot drink for example!

Be seen and be Safe!

prezzo
    Participant

When I came back from WW11 I Brought a german tank back
    and made a kettle out of it, is this also classed as improvisation ?
    I also accuired a Nazzi post bike but it wouldnt fit in my kit bag with the tank.

paul

barmy_carmy
    Participant

A few years back, when Dave rode 1100 virago, the engine dropped down, as Dave was going along, he had our daughter on the back. Managed to stop it OK. 10mins later some Hells Angels in a van stopped, and between them fixed the bike for Dave, a pat on the back to those bikers from Bournemouth. Now that was the cheapest repair job we’ve had.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Radar

Any bodges, real or otherwise??

Is it all real??

Gix
    Participant

I am really handy with the cable ties…….keeps my seat on![:p]

NEW BIKE ON FRIDAY!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

riff-raff
    Participant

Cable ties are indeed a gift from the Gods[:D]

The evil that men do lives on and on…….

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by zx10

Cable ties are indeed a gift from the Gods[:D]

The evil that men do lives on and on…….

Yep! Never leave home without a couple under your seat LOL![:o)]

NEW BIKE ON FRIDAY!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Born2BMild
    Participant

Once I had to take the side of computer and use a room fan to cool it. Only way I could access the bl**dy thing to ghe the data off it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.