I am the unluckiest biker in history

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe I am the unluckiest biker in history

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LeviathanRan
    Participant

I am the unluckiest biker in history

I went to pick my bike up today FINALLY after months of waiting I was going to be back on my own wheels again! I forked over the £333 for the repairs and was on my way. The bike was running great! If a little wobbly due to me not being used to it yet.

Anyway I get to some lights and they’re on green so I swing it round the corner and banked the pegs out :D (got them to scrape the black stuff)

and Im thinking “wow!! Amazing I love biking!!”

I get to the top of the hill where there’s a cue of traffic. No matter I think ill just chill and wait…

the engine starts to cough… I think “f**k… what’s wrong?”

so I build up the revs and the bike refuses to move…. Had the throttle on full lock and it barely moves…so I finally got the junction and set off and… clunk the bike stalls leaving me stuck… here

stuck.jpg

so I keep calm and restart her up thinking “oh she’s just cold”
    2 minutes later still trying… so starts up! Yay! Great! Lets get it into gear!

Clutch in, foot down….foot down!…I SAID FOOT DOWN!!…nothing
    the shift would NOT budge… so I thought this must be that problem some bikes have where it gets stuck in second so I thought “never mind just roll away in second”
    so I flip it up into second, let the clutch out and… nothing!…

spent another minute trying to get in gear and thought f**k it and rolled it to the parking spot at the side of the road.

Called Colin appleyards and they sent a bloke out to help me (they’re literally just down the road)

he gets here and trys all the ‘usual tricks’ and says
    ”wow.. Something is seriously wrong here… this is a new bike not even a year old…”
    he said don’t worry this is a warranty issue and wont cost me anything to get fixed.
    He then goes back to appleyards in the car and brings back this lad to wheel the bike back down to the shop and he then drove me home!

It was almost like the gears were engaging but the gear box wasn’t…
    cos no matter what gear was selected it wouldnt stall or move… =/

Unlucky or what?

I swear to god I’m fed up of it, im considering not bothering with my test and leaving it all out.
    It shouldn’t be this hard WHY IS IT? WHY ME?
    [:(!][:(!]

ScooterChic
    Participant

dont give up you get there in the end

LeviathanRan
    Participant

No I won’t give up! that’s what they want me to do! f**k that!

I’m going to part-ex my bike for a Honda CG, that bike may have shit wheels but at least they are ridable and comfortable!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Unlucky Levi, that’s a real bummer when the weather’s good. At least you didn’t crash the thing because of the gearbox fault. Keep us posted on the repair/part-ex.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Yeah that is something buddy, it could have locked the rear end up and caused a lock and an off!

I’ll keep you posted dont worry :D

Seems myself nor yourself are having any luck with our bikes eh mate? hehe

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Just got a Call from Amiah (Bloke who saved me from being stranded yesterday lol)

Turns out my bike’s clutch has fried![:0]

Which he said is strange because even if I HAD given it a hard time the clutch should NOT have blown after less than 4 hours riding!

So he said not to worry and they’ve ordered the parts from ‘zuki and put a claim in on the warrantee but he couldn’t really say how long it would take because Suzuki are in their arses! Lol [:p]
    He also said when it’s fixed they’re gunna go through some tips with me for keeping my clutch nice and healthy which is nice! [:D]

As for when the bike gets back I’m going to give her one last try and hope I can get used to that “cruiser styled handling” (anyone notice you have to turn the bars more to get response from the steering at low speeds than you do with other type of bikes or is that just me?) if I can’t get the knack of it after a few days I’m afraid she will be up for sale and I will be informing the insurance that im selling the bike and want to swap cover to either a Honda CG OR an RS125 (nice big race bike even for a 125!)

But we shall see! I’ll keep y’all posted!

Comments/advice/piss taking welcome as always :)

Radar

Hope you get sorted. Keep us posted

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Lol Lev, didnt have a lot of luck did ya mate! Sorry to hear of it lol! but please dont be put off, these things come to try us lol! Hang on in there, yer luck will change hun! :)

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by barmy_carmy

Lol Lev, didnt have a lot of luck did ya mate! Sorry to hear of it lol! but please dont be put off, these things come to try us lol! Hang on in there, yer luck will change hun! :)

Don’t worry I’m not quitting till it kills me (and statistically speaking it probably will…[V])

I’m just trying to decide the best course of action…

A) Sell the bike and use the money for Lessons (which i sorely need, not ridden for almost 4 months now [:(!] Fecking luck of mine!)
    Then when I pass scrimp and save and get me a nice little middleweight? (GPZ 305 £999 Shaft drive… mmmmmm)

B) Sell the bike and get another 125, get that sorted out with the DVLA (snail pace…) ride that for a few months, pass test, sell, buy new bike.
    Problem with this is finding someone to not only buy the bike, but also finding a bike to buy! Which could take months… months I really don’t want to spend sitting around waiting and risking what little skills I have becoming dulled over and loosing my confidence with riding, and basically having to start over again with ANOTHER intensive course (that’s another £450 down the toilet then?)
    Hence why I need to take a course of action that results in me riding a bike and passing my test BEFORE the end of summer (October time)
    Oh yes I’m also skint and unemployed!

*sigh* why oh why doesn’t anything just go right for me?

People in the know, what would you do in my situation? [:(]

Radar

GPZ305 is actually belt, rather than shaft drive. The set up is similar in layout to a C&S but the chain is replaced by toothed rubber belt. Harley and Buell use this system too. The GPz305 had a reputation for fragile engines. A GPz500, ER5 or CB500 would be a better bet

LeviathanRan
    Participant

They do have a GPZ 500 S in but I doubt I could afford that one (I think it was about 1400, but I’m not too sure)

LeviathanRan
    Participant

***UPDATE***

Heard from Appleyard’s today they are ‘very busy’ at the moment, but the clutch parts came today and suzuki have given the Green flag to go ahead with the repairs.
    E.T.A on the bike is 2 weeks from monday, or possibly before if they have a cancellation.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yeehah. Back before the winter then?

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Probably… I’ve had the bike a year… ridden it for a total of 3 hours and 5 minutes…
    -_- I’m selling it and paying for another intensive course… I don’t f**king care if it’s a waste of money or whatever! I just want to get my test passed and get on with it.
    Cos I am not enjoying this bike-game at all, not one little bit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.