hello folks !

Home Forums Members’ bikes hello folks !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    slim
    Participant

Hi all just thought i’d introduce myself [:D] ive been a biker since 1980 & I can be found either blatting about the country on various bikes or up to my neck in grease & bits of tube while building something in a moldy shed in the midlands

I’m currently running a stock fireblade simply cos i had to get that one out of my system while the old bones will still just about take it but i’m more in to streetfighters & anything odd so the blade is up for grabs

looking forward to finding my way round the site & chatting to some of you soon

cheers slim [:D]

max
    Participant

Hi and welcome mate[:D]

TT07
    Participant

Greetings slim[:D], welcome to The Bike Forum. Why not enlighten us with what you ride with some photos, or enlighten us further still with a review of your biking history[8)].

The following link explains how to get photos on here.

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/just-dropped-by/5

katana
    Participant

welcome slim. Good to have another fighter fan on here

Radar

Welcome Slim, what year is the blade and have you enjoyed getting out of your system??

This link will help you to get a flavour of the site:

Interesting threads across the site

What is your biking history? I started riding just after you in 1982 and I had to take the dreaded two-part test. Seems so simple compaared to the phaff everybody has to go through now

slim
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome

Heres a short biking history ….. my first legal bike on the road was a H100 in march of 1980 quickly followed by a Z250 a few months later, the longest ive been off the road since then is 14 months but ive had a couple of short layoffs while ive been building

i built my first chop in around 82 (cb750) & my first trike around 15 years ago neither were particularly good but ive learnt a bit since then [:D]a gpz9 fighter i built 8 years ago is still kicking around & attracting loads of attention, ive got a particular soft spot for aircooled & oil cooled suzuki’s & think ive worked my way through the whole model range from 400cc up over the years, some rats some fighters & some stock restorations with a couple more trikes thrown in for good measure

28 years & probably 40+ bikes, one day i’ll find one i’m truly happy with ……. maybe [:D]

Radar

Sounds like a really interesting collection of bikes over the years there bud, could you post some pictures of them?

slim
    Participant

Hi radar
    the blade is a very low milaage 97 r plate honestly the best ive seen with history etc etc, ive enjoyed blatting it around but i’m doing loads of miles lately & as ive got a knackered neck/shoulder having the weight on my arms causes loads of pain quite quickly [:(] ive thought of fightering it but its really too good to cut up tbh

i passed my test in 83 which involved 2 days “training” (drinking coffee & chatting) followed by a ride round the block a few weeks later [:D]

I did a bit of instructing in the mid to late 90’s so know what you mean about all the faffing around, a lot of it is pointless & useless but some may help people avoid the mistakes i made

slim
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Sounds like a really interesting collection of bikes over the years there bud, could you post some pictures of them?

now there’s a problem i’m ok with spanners but no good at all with computers [:(] ive read the link posted above but it seems to be in swahili [:)]

Radar

Email them to me via the site and I will post them for you if you want. I am not exactly red-hot PC either, but my kids showed me a few tricks lol!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Slim and welcome to TBF. Hope you enjoy reading our stuff.

Gix
    Participant

Hi Slim

Digger
    Participant

Hello and welcome slim,stay tuned and have a gander.

bikemad
    Participant

ow doo Slim, good to see you here!

GSF K1
    Participant

Hiya Slim.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.