Grrrrrrr NTL!

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise Grrrrrrr NTL!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

36 hours of dodgy connection, no connection at all from last night till now…….NT bloody HELL!!!!! 10 minutes on hold on phone to techs, to be told its serious server problems in my area, so why not on server status helpline which is free? Not got round to updating messages, so cost me 10p a minute (its no longer free the robbing gits!) to be on hold to be told that they know the problem and cant do their jobs properly and update server error messgaes! FFS!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I’m on NTL and I can’t say I’ve ever had a major problem like that before…
    It’s just unlucky if the server in your area has a problem, these things happen.
    they can’t keep taking the servers offline for maintenance cos you would never get any decent service.
    If they did you’d be complaining you couldn’t get online for more than a few hours at a time.
    So really they can’t win… someone is going to complain either way.
    Too bad we can’t connect to the internet like they used to do in the old days
    (Through a telephone cable when ISP’s didn’t exist and the internet was just like a phone call)

Ah well, they’ll fix it soon enough!
    Try yelling at them some more that might help… hehehe :P

Gix
    Participant

Mate it would not be so bad if they had decent customer services, the server query calls are free, but no I had to wait on hold for tem minutes for them to tell me what the server query line should have told me, instead I get charged for a call that should not be necessary.[:(!]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Ah now there I side with you, the customer service is f**king dreadful!

IF by some miracle of GOD you get to speak to someone who can speak clear and fluent English and not have some accent that is hard to understand over the phone (welsh, Scottish, Pakistani etc) which always seems to be muffled by the way!

Tech support always blows the big one!

GSX Rat
    Participant

theres a list of ntl proxies that i posted on here somewhere in computer help, if ones down manually enter another one and it’ll be all good again….

Oh, and their customer service is shit – do what i do and ring from work :)

Gix
    Participant

Yeah I have a list of proxies, but still could not connect, I actually thought I had burnt me modem out, so I think the problems were not just server related.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.