gilera smt

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted gilera smt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    webo06
    Participant

hiya evreybody im new to here ive got a little electrical problem my indicators dont work and my front light dosent work ive got a new bulb it worked for about two days and i think its blew again because its not working does anybody know how i can fix this also if you have got diagrams it would be excellent. my bike is a gilera smt the same as a derbi senda and gilera rcr hope to here soon thnx.

katana
    Participant

this has the RCR diagram

https://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/useful%20info/Info_manual_1.pdf

this might come in handy as well:

Sccotercool/manual6speed.pdf

and this:
    https://www.derbi-club.com/technical.php

Let us know more details on the fault and we might be able to help e.g. and mods to wiring, have all indicators stopped working, has the flash rate changed, does the indicator warning light still flash, is headlight beam especially bright or dim, did the fault with the headlight and the indicators start at the same time, etc?

webo06
    Participant

hi thanx for replying its really hard to understand that diagram all the indicators have stopped working indicator warnig light dosent flash the headlight beam is really bright and im almost certain they stopped at the same time if anybody has got any instructions of them doing it or pictures how it shold look can they send them in thanx katana for replying hope this helps.

katana
    Participant

If the headlight is very bright and the fuses keep blowing I would suspect the voltage regulator is faulty.

Get hold of a multimeter (cheap from Maplins – or borrow one) and check the voltage across the headlight with the engine off, at tickover and then rev the engine the voltage should be approx 12volts (unless it is a 6volt system) and shouldn’t vary with engine revs.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, as Katana says, the voltage should be (for a 12 volt system) about 11.5 to 12.5 with engine off and rising to about 13.5 with the engine on. Any more than 14 and your regulator is probably faulty. The regulator does just that – regulates the amount of voltage being supplied to the battery. Faulty batteries or connections can cause some weird symptoms, it’s always worth checking the connections at the battery terminals. Take them off and rub them with some light sandpaper or a wire brush so they make good contact.
    Does your battery hold the charge OK?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.