First trip out this year…a few pics too

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe First trip out this year…a few pics too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well after 4 months off the road over a very harsh winter I finally ventured out on Saturday (FZ) and Sunday (YZF). Despite blue skies and strong sunshine it was still bleedin’ cold…no more than 5-6C. I only went up to the cafe at Quattford each day…I was meant to go on Sunday for a decent run out with Thumper and ID but it was just too dam cold to be honest. However it was still great to be out.

P3065760.jpg

On the Saturday about 40 or so bikes were up at the cafe and I bumped into Ash from the Fireblade forum for a brief natter. The FZ1S emerged from its winter slumber with no ill effects but I only engaged the impulse engines as i had the daughter on the back.

DSC00901.jpg
    Even the classic boys were out…rather tasty GT380

DSC00902.jpg
    This Ducati looked fun

Cheered me up no end just to be out!

Sunday I was up bright and early to go and meet thumper and ID, but a thick layer of ice on the car told the story it was properly cold, sub zero in fact and the low temps continued well into mid morning despite strong sunshine. So I cried off the long run, sorry lads, and just headed up to Quatford again, this time on my trusty Thundercat, when the temp crept above zero. I have had the old girl 10 years now…what a cracking bike.

Far more people up there today, 200+ bikes at any one time. Bathed in sunshine and under crystal blue skies only the biting cold shattered the summer like illusion. Today I bumped into a group of lads from where I used to work, they rolled up on a CMM, a 750 Aprillia and Triumph Speed Triple. the later being ridden by our own Lucky Rookie of turbo Bandit project fame. We had a natter and cuppa, looked around the bike park, where a casually dumped stunt blade and a chunky Z1300 were the highlights for me.

DSC00904.jpg
    Took the Thundercat out Sunday…wound up parked up next to an FZ1S identical to mine

DSC00906.jpg
    Lucky Rookie’s Triumph…

DSC00907.jpg
    Former colleagues CCM…cool

DSC00909.jpg
    Carefully parked…

DSC00908.jpg
    I had to laugh…this was how 90% of the people there were holding their mugs in desperate bid to get their hands warm again…

Great to be out again…here’s to a good summer!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Summer’s coming!!

max
    Participant

nice clean bike[:D]

katana
    Participant

did you go for a “light salad” as usual on both days?

Digger
    Participant

Great photos mate,i too was out on me bitch,was cold though still didnt stop me carving up the country lanes.Roll on the summer.

HippoDrones
    Participant

wicked pics, love the stunt bike “parked up” pic lol :D

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by katana

did you go for a “light salad” as usual on both days?

In a piece of all too rare restraint I only had a bacon butty on Saurday and a cuppa on the Sunday…my time will come!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

wicked pics, love the stunt bike “parked up” pic lol :D

I know, brilliant, he attracted more attention than anybody

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.