Few pics from Sunday

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Few pics from Sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Didn’t wander too far last weekend, but did get up to my local Bikers cafe a few interesting bits and bobs about

DSC01298.jpg
    The usual GT750s. Fecking things are EVERYWHERE now…nice though!

DSC01300.jpg
    Japanese market (alloy framed) RZ500. I know it looks dated now, but I still want one! Only 6700km on the clock too…

DSC01301.jpg
    Trick paint job on this V-Rod, pic doesn’t do it justice

DSC01302.jpg
    Clocks on this Kwacker VN1700 are a clear tribute to late 1960’s American muscle cars

Thats all folks!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

nice pics once again mate :)

Scouser
    Participant

Is the VN1700 left hand drive too?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

nice pics once again mate :)

Cheers Pete

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Scouser

Is the VN1700 left hand drive too?

No it was one of the rare RHD conversions!

HippoDrones
    Participant

LMAO [:D]

Digger
    Participant

Noticed there is no ciggie lighter or ash tray on the VN.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

Noticed there is no ciggie lighter or ash tray on the VN.

This what you have in mind?

P9134952.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

How weird is this then? Had my car air-con regassed today and the guy doing it had a lovely GT750 in the garage. I thought I recognised it and it’s the same one in the picture above. He’s a nice guy, a keen bike enthusiast and knows air con inside out so I’m happy to give his business a plug on here:

A/C Medic (Mark)
    Great Barr, Birmingham
    Tel: 0121 661 1517
    Mobile: 07759 743450

The bike is a GT750K which are quite rare, black ends on the silencers and chrome rad cover as standard give the game away (thought everyone knew that!).

Oh, and he’s seen your comments Radar about how common those GT750s are…..

Radar

quote:

The bike is a GT750K which are quite rare, black ends on the silencers and chrome rad cover as standard give the game away (thought everyone knew that!).

Oh, and he’s seen your comments Radar about how common those GT750s are…..

LOL[:D] It just that everywhere I go recently there seems to be one there. Good to see so many well looked after bikes, L love em. It is a 2-stroke after all…and I did notice the exhaust caps but missed the rad cover

TT07
    Participant

My Dad had a GT750 years ago, I remember the handling was bad, and have always wondered if it was just that one or was handling an ‘issue’ with the model. The kettle was, for me, the first new big bike I really longed for, I’ve always liked Suzuki’s and its water cooling was what set it apart from everything else (before you say it, yes I know there are older british bikes ie Silk that were water cooled) It was also radically or should I say strangley different in appearence to other bikes in that era. I remember drooling over a Suzuki RE5 (rotary engine for those that have not heard of it) in the window of Skellerns in Worcester. I bet they’re a rare sight and highly desirable. I was bought up with 70’s machinery, it was a great decade for stylish inovative bikes!

markread3
    Participant

Cheers for the kind words Dave.Nice to hear Radar back trakin over his K Kettle comments.
    Apart from the dif exhausts,rad guard,air box,carbs,barrells,clocks,tank,seat,frame,footpegs,switchgear,rear light,seat catch,side panels, badges,tank badges,lack of digital gear panel,etc etc etc yer right it is pretty much the same as other kettles.

TT07
    Participant

Hi Mark welcome on board. Start a fresh topic if you like and give us some insight into the GT750, include pics if you can. Cheers

imperialdata
    Keymaster

quote:

Cheers for the kind words Dave.

You’re welcome, great job on the air-con, I couldn’t feel my face when I got home.

quote:

Apart from the dif exhausts,rad guard,air box,carbs,barrells,clocks,tank,seat,frame,footpegs,switchgear,rear light,seat catch,side panels, badges,tank badges,lack of digital gear panel,etc etc etc yer right it is pretty much the same as other kettles.

More of an espresso machine than a kettle then!

Welcome to the forum
    [;)]

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by markread3

Cheers for the kind words Dave.Nice to hear Radar back trakin over his K Kettle comments.

Welcome to the forum! Be good to read about your Kettle. Couple of people round and about in Sutton used to run them in the mid 1980’s. Lately I seem to stalked by them! I was always a Yamaha RD man myself…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.