Dynolicious – measure you 0-60 time!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Dynolicious – measure you 0-60 time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!

screenshot1.gif

Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 Acceleration
    1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
    Lateral G’s
    Horsepower

Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.

Source
    https://dynolicious.com/

TT07
    Participant

Certainly the type of information gathering software I would like to get, but cannot ever see me getting that particular phone.

HippoDrones
    Participant

its not a very good phone due to its shape and size but as a tablet style organiser it seems the business! (I wont be getting one tho, got my eye on an 8MegPixle camera phone for my next upgrade!) :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Wonder how accurate the results are as the sensor in the iPhone isn’t great. As for measuring horsepower, I’d be very surprised if it came close to an accurate figure.

That said, it’s a gadget and I’m a bloke so I want it!

Champs
    Participant

Its a clever bit of software, but it can’t be spot-on, I don’t see how it can measure hp? surely, it depends on whether the rider has the throttle fully open or not.
    However, its $12, which is about £6-8?? Not bad for a simple data logger though. And something to tell your mates in the pub. :)

newk
    Participant

cant see the technology in that bein able to keep up with a hayabusa’s performance

Radar

Hi Newk, good see you back on here. I think the thing is just meant to be a bit of fun.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I think Champs hit the nail on the head when he said it’s something to tell your mates down the pub. Just read an article about all the iPhone gadgets you can buy and there’s one that puts a simple red icon on your phone that says “I am rich” beneath it. The icon does nothing. It costs $999 and the vendor managed to sell 7 of them before Apple pulled the plug on the author.

‘Nuff said.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.