Ducati Streetfighter?

Home Forums Italian tackle Ducati Streetfighter?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TT07
    Participant

ducatistreetfighter.gif

Entering the ducati.com site

https://www.ducati.com/cover/main_en.html

you are greeted with the above. Anyone have any further info on what we can expect to see at the due date and time?

katana
    Participant

From

https://www.motorcycle.com

“Ducati has all but confirmed it will introduce a naked version of its World Superbike Championship-winning 1098 superbike.
    Visitors to Ducati’s home page will be treated to a teaser video showing off the curves of the new bike. The brief clip ends with the word “Streetfighter” and the message “Ducati.com – Monday 3 November – 7pm GMT”. That date would place the unveiling at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy.

While some may think that a Ducati 1098 Streetfighter, as it allegedly being called, would steal sales from Ducati’s current range of Monsters, the bike appears to instead have other targets in its sights, including Triumph, Aprilia and KTM.

Rest assured, as soon as we find out more, so will you.”

TT07
    Participant

ducatistreetfighter2.jpg

Ducati has officially released photos and specifications for their new 2009 Ducati Streetfighter and Streetfighter S. Powered by the watercooled engine from the 1098, it weighs 368 pounds with 155 horsepower and 85 foot pounds of torque. With an upright seating position and the naked, no bodywork look, the streetfighter should attract a lot of Ducati enthusiasts, especially those who want the power of the 1098 but prefer a more street oriented package.

ducatistreetfighter.jpg

So what’s special about the Streetfighter “S” model? The standard Streetfighter has Showa suspension front and rear while the S model uses Ohlins suspension pieces and replaces the standard 10 spoke wheels with lighter 5 spoke forged Marchesini wheels. It also includes Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Ducati Data Analysis (DDA) and carbon fiber front fender and cambelt covers.

ducatistreetfighter3.jpg

The look of the new Streetfighter is lean and aggressive and at 368 pounds, 155 horsepower and an upright seating position I imagine the front wheel will get lots of air time. Will the Streetfighter bring in new Ducati buyers or simply shift some from the more track focused 1198? We’ll have to wait and see. The Streetfighter is scheduled for release sometime in the Spring of 2009.

Courtesy of ‘The Kneeslider’

Official Site Link

https://www.streetfighter.ducati.com/main_en.html

[:D]Sure looks the business[:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

not liking that too much, a stretfighter should be basics, yet that is proper cluttered and too busy IMO. The Speedtriple is on the right lines but that Ducati really don’t float my boat at all, bet its a right hoot to ride tho!

Radar

I see what you mean pete, but it is growing on me…

BigBen
    Participant

buy one and rip those stupid mirrors off it…they look shat!
    dont even keep them in the garage, throw them in the bin in protest..not bad looking at all but the exhausts just look gay.theres no other word to describe them.the tail tidy looks naff aswell

HippoDrones
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

not liking that too much, a stretfighter should be basics, yet that is proper cluttered and too busy IMO. The Speedtriple is on the right lines but that Ducati really don’t float my boat at all, bet its a right hoot to ride tho!

Hahaha, am guessing this grew on me too! [:D] Can’t wait until the 23rd! [:D]

Radar

I think all that time underwater is getting to you!

HippoDrones
    Participant

[:D]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.