Definitely a gripe and a moan

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise Definitely a gripe and a moan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ragdoll
    Participant

Car drivers on roundabouts…now, correct me if I’m wrong…little stick thing on the side of the steering wheel when used correctly tells people which way you are going, right? So why the hell don’t they bloody use it? (I’m speaking from a car driving point of view here as well). It’s bad enough in a car but when they want to play chicken with bikers, it just ain’t funny!

All those in favour of making CBT part of the car driving test raise say “Aye”! [:(!]

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Ragdoll

All those in favour of making CBT part of the car driving test raise say “Aye”! [:(!]

Aye!!!![:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Aye! Know exactly what ya mean lol! There everywhere!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

MadSrad
    Participant

Its a jungle out there ! lol

“Its not about the horsepower, its about the balls!!”

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Aye flippin’ aye captain. It isn’t until you spend a few hours riding gutter on a ‘ped that you appreciate the biker’s perspective. Should be compulsory (along with an hour on a bicycle).

riff-raff
    Participant

Definately[:D]
    Mind you,looking at it ……………do they make these modern cars with indicators cos they sure look like they could be an optional extra [:o)]

FASTER PUSSYCAT,FASTER

Ragdoll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by zx10

Definately[:D]
    Mind you,looking at it ……………do they make these modern cars with indicators cos they sure look like they could be an optional extra [:o)]

FASTER PUSSYCAT,FASTER

You could have a point there actually…I’m sad enough to admit I really study the way people behave at roundabouts now (don’t people in universities get paid obscene amounts of money for doing studies such as these?) and it does seem to be the newer cars that are no longer fitted with indicators. What the drivers of these cars should keep in mind though is that I haven’t upgraded to ESP in my car yet and I still need a clue as to which way they are going.

Oh and while we’re on the subject of gripes (yes, I do know I go on a bit)…fog lights when it’s not foggy…what’s that all about?[:(!]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I normally use my ‘Halfords crystal ball’ to predict which way someone is going. A snip at £7.99

And don’t get Thumper started on them foglights! [V]

Ragdoll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

I normally use my ‘Halfords crystal ball’ to predict which way someone is going. A snip at £7.99

And don’t get Thumper started on them foglights! [V]

Sounds good to me..should we have a recommended products thread then? [;)]

Gix
    Participant

LOL! I think we should start up a “Survival Techniques – how to avoid cagers making jam out of you on the road” section….[:p]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Digger
    Participant

I think it`s all part of the learning process for bikers,we all know that most car drivers are observant but there does seem to be more and more drivers out there who dont bother with the basic but important aspects of driving.I myself live in Skelmersdale were there are no traffic lights just roundabouts so encounter all soughts of stupid driving,you get used to it I suppose.

Take it easy out there

barmy_carmy
    Participant

They are on about banning loud pipes anything louder than a hairdryer is illegal and the police will have the powers to sieze your bike, if you got loud pipes. There are many cagers out there that dont even consider bikes, and they dont see you, if you have slightly loud pipes at least car drivers can hear you, to me this is a safety issue surely!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Ragdoll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

I myself live in Skelmersdale were there are no traffic lights just roundabouts so encounter all soughts of stupid driving,you get used to it I suppose.

Take it easy out there

I know where you mean! Got lost round there a couple of weeks ago cos all the roundabouts and all the roads look the same [:D] However, having said that, I would have thought they were good practice for how to use a roundabout properly. My first driving lesson was nothing but driving round roundabouts for the first hour, but I’m glad I did it.

There’s a thin person inside me screaming to get out…but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.