Day of Champions – Donnington

Home Forums Meetings and events Day of Champions – Donnington

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

Does anyone fancy the day of champions at Donnington on 21st July, the Thursday before the Moto GP?

I’ve been the last two years it is quite good, you get to see the GP stars, stunt show, trials, all for a tenner; or you can pay £45 and have a breakfast in the Queen Vic pub in Coalville then ride to Donnington with Troy Bayliss and John Hopkins, have two laps of Donnington and then pit lane walkabout. All of the trade tents are there too for bikers goodies T-shirts, clothing, helmets etc…

https://www.riders.org/en/html/day_of_champions_tickets.php

Be seen and be Safe!

rocketRichy
    Participant

Always fancied going along but never made it.

You recommend it then Scouser ??

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hey Scouser sounds well cool, would love to go but cant, Health reasons, and distance.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Scouser
    Participant

It’s OK for a tenner for a visit, but all the pit lane tickets have now been sold. so its only the ride out were you can still get the pitlane walkabout. I’ve done the racetrack thing twice and don’t need to do it again, also it used to only cost £15 and it is now £45.

For a day out out its not bad, it’s better with company, last year I went with my daughter and got soaked in a thunderstorm, but we saw Biaggi, Gibernau, Pedrosa, Nakano, Melandri, Roberts Jr.

Theres a moped jigsaw building relay race on the start and finish line with some of the big names taking part; they wiz 200yds down a the track, pick up a piece of giant jigsaw, then wiz back up to a team-mate and changeover building the jigsaw with each run.

Be seen and be Safe!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

My Honda SS50 was a moped jigsaw…..always in 100 pieces and a sod to put back together again. I reckon someone had pinched the corner piece too.

Sounds good fun Scouser although I can’t make it. I presume it’s a yearly bash isn’t it? Saw on the web link that:

“There will be a strictly enforced noise pollution test for the two laps of the track. Bikes that are louder than 98db will NOT be allowed onto the track”

That’s a few on this site out of the running then.

Scouser
    Participant

And that’s just Radars gob…!

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Scouser

And that’s just Radars gob…!

Be seen and be Safe!

ROTFLMAO!

sorry Radar![:o)][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

Don’t know what you mean…b@st@rds!!

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

poohchick
    Participant

OOOOOh I’d love to go, how do I get tickets?

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.