“Clearly your vehicle was travelling at 35mph”

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras “Clearly your vehicle was travelling at 35mph”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TT07
    Participant

I bumped into a mate yesterday, he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat as he handed me an official looking form, I could see it was a Notice of Impending Prosecution regarding having gone through a speed camera at 35mph in a 30 mph limit. Because he was grinning I thought an error had been made so I scanned the form looking for a mistake, he said “look at the number” which I could see was SV ****. Now he’s got quite a few bikes, both ancient and modern, so I realised that the SV **** was one his 1920’s machines, I asked if the reg. no. wrong, he said it wasn’t and added here’s a letter I got back, it basically said they acknowledged receipt of his communication and they would look into the matter and get back to him. He then went on to say that it was him and it was one of his bikes, he had responded to the N.I.P. saying that he could not argue against the accuracy of the Speed Camera BUT pointed out that the machine he was riding was a 1926 Triumph Model Q flat tanker, and it is not equipped with a speedometer as they were not compulsory fitted onto newly registered motor vehicles until 1934! He went on to say that normally he follows cars through the camera, and as they brake so does he, but on this occasion there were no other vehicles in front of him so he slowed down to what he thought was 30mph. Basically he could not argue against the speed recorded, but has no means of accurately knowing what speed he does at any time. He then produced a futher letter which read………

I acknowledge receipt of your written response, the contents of which are noted.

Your circumstances are rather unusual as you do not have a speedometer, however, clearly your vehicle was travelling at 35mph. I have decided on this occasion to take no further action and the matter is now finalised

Yours faithfully

Safer Roads Partnership

Its no wonder he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Have taken off my speedo this morning – bring it on! [:D]

TT07
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can get a pre 1934 frame and V5 that will take a Gixxer Thou engine [:D][:p]

Radar

I thought ID’s GPz900 was a 1934 model!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.