Cadwell Park, Woodland Circuit 5th Nov (MSV)

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Track days Cadwell Park, Woodland Circuit 5th Nov (MSV)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

After having to cancel my day at Brands and putting the Husky up for sale I didn’t think I’d ever get it out on track. Well I had no luck with my Biketrader advert so am going to book in to do a supermoto only day at Cadwell Park. It should be a right giggle as it only has the tight part of the circuit and the Mountain! :D

Am looking forward to trying to get some air for sure, but mainly looking forward to some tarmac track time [:D]

Radar

Have fun my boy!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Certainly shall try! :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

Bike is all prepped now, not long to go! [:D]

02112010046.jpg

02112010047.jpg

02112010045.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Loving those pipes Pete. They remind me of something you’d see coming out of a submarine at speed…..

HippoDrones
    Participant

haha [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Wow, what a day Friday was! [:D]

First session I was in inter/fast group but realised I was a bit out my depth with most of the peeps in that group being ACU riders practising for the British Supermoto Championship on Sat/Sun that couldn’t get into the ACU group so I was a bit of a mobile chicane. I moved down to novice and felt far more suited to the pace.

My second session was with instruction and Pete was really ace, he first led me around for a few laps, then I led so he could watch how I was riding, then he led again and upped the pace some what! :D It was a brill session and after he gave me some comments and hints/tips as to how to improve.

Mainly my braking needed to change, I am so used to 70% front 30% rear on tarmac, he waned me going 55%/45%. He also mentioned that I wasn’t being anywhere near aggressive enough at throwing the bike around. Am not sure if it was nerves or my lack of ability but I tried to apply wha he wanted me to concentrate on and felt like my pace had improved.

Later in the day he and another instructor followed me about and both were pleased with my progress and I felt far more confident throwing the bike about and was braking loads later if not hugely consistently. If the vids ever get allowed by Youtube I’ll post up links.

Unfortunately there wasn’t an official photographer there so no phots of me on track which sucks a bit but hey ho.

I had such a fantastic time, and it was sooo good to finally get back to Cadders after my big off in 2007.

Top day [:D]

I took some pics of the other groups too and will post a selection up tomoz if I get time :-)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Radar

Enjoyed the vids Pete, there were some real tight bits! Glad no broken bones this time!

HippoDrones
    Participant

me too! lol :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.