BMF 2010

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe BMF 2010

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

Its that time of the year. The BMF show is back at Peterborough this weekend, and its maybe a bit late, but we have started looking at the scooter for the moped enduro.

Sadly, with many other things on in the last 6 months, we only wiped the last races mud off today! :( Happily though, with a bit of fuel, new spark plug and a lot of kick starts, she fired up. Very noisy as there’s a 1 inch hole on the exhaust which needs fixing, before scruntineering on saturday lunchtime.

Here’s a pic from the last race, notice the slightly twisted yoke! :)

SDC13599.jpg

Is anyone else going this weekend??

Radar

Thats come round quick Champs. Good luck on Saturday. Let us know how you get on and post some pics!

katana
    Participant

Good luck Champs

Sorry I can’t make it this weekend to cheer you on in person.

TT07
    Participant

Same goes for/from me Champs, looking forward to seeing your pics.

Champs
    Participant

Well, another race. More injuries, a broken bike and maybe too many lagers! But a good weekend had by the whole team.

Last time out we damaged the exhaust, so a quick repair patch was brazed on a couple of days before the race. Note to self, spend more time on bike before race.
    However after the end of the first race we had damaged it again, so a gun gum bandage was tried.

100_2286.jpg

Which… lasted about 20 minutes into Sundays race. haha

More battle damage from the weekend

100_2295.jpg
    100_2285.jpg

We had a few issues with grip, again, so we are looking to change the front wheel to accept a narrower profile, maybe convert the front end for a pitbike wheel or down to a 10inch wheel from the current 12. We couldn’t open the throttle fully down the straight whilst the track was wet because the back end tried to overtake the front! It was good for the crowd I guess watching us fight to keep the bike the right way round.

100_2300.jpg
    100_2301.jpg

We managed to install my onboard camera on the bike, and… it stayed on the bike even after a spill but the camera recorded from the start right up until half way down the straight (20metres)where a great big lump of mud hit the lens and stayed there for the next 90 minutes. We need to think about a new place.

In general we did okay, leaky exhaust and crap front end meant we struggled for most of the race. At the half way stage of this years competition 3hours in total, we finished 37th of 65. with the next 10 places seperated by less than 5 minutes.

Over the next few months our plan is to change the front tyre/wheel, install slightly lighter rollers, install a derestricted cdi and loose a bit more weight (riders included).

The next race is on grass which could be interesting! :)

Champs
    Participant

My favourite pic of the weekend! :)

P150510_0943.jpg

Radar

Cracking pictures…apart from that one of you on the unmarked Police bike…

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good stuff Champs, shame about the camera.

Champs
    Participant

Interestingly, the local police had a stand at the show. showing off the usual “this trashed bike could happen to you” stuff, but they were also showing off their unmarked police bikes. (Sadly, they had removed the number plates). A black GSXR1000 and a Blade. Very nice though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.