Bits in the carb? H.E.L.P

Home Forums Motorcycle help wanted Bits in the carb? H.E.L.P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I recently picked up a peaugout elypso 100cc scooter and and drove it until the tank was almost bone dry.

Re-filled it up and rode a little then it cut out. Now the electric start sounds completely different and the kickstart doesn’t even make it budge.

It’s a 2-stroke automatic and i’m not sure what could be wrong? It’s been fine before

Thanks

Andrew [?]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

How does the electric start sound? Does it ‘spin’ the engine or just go click?

Is the kickstart blocked or does it seem to turn the engine internally?

Can you put it into top gear while on the centre stand and rotate the back wheel?

Depending on your answers, you may have a seized engine but running out of fuel does not generally cause this.

sid
    Participant

sounds like it ran out of 2T oil and its siezed you might be able to unsieze it by putting a little oil in the bore and “rocking” the engine with the kickstart but being an auto that might not be easy
    if that doesnt work put a spanner on the crank nut but be ready for a top end rebuild

It was the spark plug after all! Not sure what caused it to get oily, mabye because the previous owner used it for work at 2 miles a day, no joke.

We will see how she goes, replaced the plug and the battery is on it’s way out, might need replacing soon.

Besides that thanks very much for your reply

I’ll be back if anything else happens.

Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.