Biking Icons – A Personal Take

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Biking Icons – A Personal Take

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

a neighbour had the Norton, didn’t own it long and replaced it with a CBR1000. He took me out on the back of that (the CBR) and at the time it was the fastest I’d ever been on any amount of wheels! :D

Radar

I test rode a new CBR1000 (the flying fridge) back in 1990. Fast, but a bit ponderous, only Honda could make a dull 160mph bike!

Radar

Bump

Anybody elase with their list of iconic bikes since, lets say 1980?

Speed Monster
    Participant

You forgot one for the 400’s Radar…. it was the one that the others tried to beat but never managed it…..

The ZXR400 L9
    DSC02192.jpg

Oh and Pete, hate to piss on your chips mate but the GSXR 750 you put up, it’s a K5 Anniversary edition not a K4!! ;)

Radar

Well Speedy if there was an iconic or landmark 400 for me there are three that edge out your selection of the ZXR400. The Honda CB400/4, although that is possibly too old for this selection, as is one of my other choices the RD400. However the NC30 VFR400 has to be the iconic 400 of the last 20 years. I rode one when new in 1990 and it was an amzing peice of kit. This doesn’t mean the ZXR is any less brilliant, as it arguably reperesents the high water mark for 400’s in terms of ability and fun.

newk
    Participant

hayabusa nuff said

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by newk

hayabusa nuff said

Did ponder over the Busa, and it did get a mention.

You might find this link of interest:

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/hayabusa-meaning-and-other-uses-pics/

Radar

Looking back on this it is very biased towards sports bike, I suppose the BMW GS deserves a place for example, even if I don’t like them myself

Radar

Looking back on this in 2021 my mindset was very sports bike orientated. Seems vey obvious in hindsight. As I said in 2014 in my last reply: I completely missed the BMW GS for example.

I might have to rethink this one!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.