Best bike for filtering in the city

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Best bike for filtering in the city

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

Been riding Scooterchics scooter for back and forth commuting duringbhe week and am surpise how easy it is to getthrough the traffic. Its even quicker than my other bike, now sadly deceased.

Was wondering what bike you had that you found better than you expected in city traffic, filtering and such.

max
    Participant

A yam ttr600 wot a bike,miss it a lot[:)]

GSX Rat
    Participant

its not the bike, its the way you ride it, ie leave brain at home and go for any gap no matter how small – the most important thing for filtering is a good set of boots for when some tw@ cuts you up, a load exhaust generally moves people out the way too…

GSF K1
    Participant

I also read somewhere that having a coloured front headlight makes the cagers notice you quicker and more likely to pull out of the way.. a normal white light doesnt get their attention ….. talking on their phones again!

Born2BMild
    Participant

You could always try them on main beam as I often some mornings.

GSF K1
    Participant

Could still be mistaken for a car.. most of them are out of alignment!

Born2BMild
    Participant

Aint that the truth. A lot of the stupid b*stards only have one working anyway.

GSF K1
    Participant

Yeh.. only one dip light so put the main beam on to be sure.. pillocks!

Radar

I think a Supermoto would be very effective in traffic: Slim, responsive and agile

GSF K1
    Participant

I think a Challenger 2 would be most effective!!!

Scouser
    Participant

my Varadildo is quite good for filtering because of the height, you can see above most vehicles and yer ed’s about level with the top of 4×4’s. The headlight is “in yer face” and most decent drivers pull over.

sid
    Participant

anything tall preferable with bark breakers so your levers dont get damaged when they take out the mirrors lol

Sidevalve
    Participant

LCs are great in town

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.