Bassetts Pole 7th June.

Home Forums Meetings and events Bassetts Pole 7th June.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Should be there.

Anybody else???

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

GSF K1
    Participant

Radar.. where is Bassetts Pole?? I’m off that week, so if its not too far, I might be able to see about coming.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Radar

Junction of the A453 and A38 just North East of Birmingham.

Near Sutton Coldfield.

Gix
    Participant

Weather is looking good, may be there this week….depends..

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Scouser
    Participant

will try

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

You had better be there! There is something I owe you……[}:)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

BP 07/06/05

Wow, what can I say? On arrival at the Pole this Tuesday aboard Thumper’s ZR550 and in company with the man himself on his TDR250 we were greeted by a scene reminiscent of one of those huge CGI battles in Lord of the Rings. There were thousands of people and bikes hoarding around the pub and McDonald’s. Cheekily Thumper and I had nipped ahead of the traffic jam of bikes struggling to get in and nicked a couple of prime parking spots the car park of the now defunct Pole Position Triumph dealership.

Somehow Gixer (GSXR600), Scouser (XLV1000) and Black Country Bomber (FZ6) had spotted us coming in and hooked up with us. Scouser had brought along his friend Rambo (Triumph Tiger) and Mrs Rambo.

The place was packed and basically we tripped in to sensory overload trying to take it all in.

PINGU, PooChick and GSF K1, if you were there sorry, we just couldn’t find you in the throng. How about in future Forum members meet up at the triangular McDonalds sign on the small green opposite the entrance to the restaurant @ 7:45?

Anyway, as you would expect with such as huge numbers of bikes there was much to see. Despite the rows of exotic bikes it was a Honda C90 with a upswept carbon end can that caught my eye, check out my post about scrambling eggs in Members Bikes to see why I love these bikes so much.

On a more serious note there was a beautifully turned out Spondon on show too, and the fur covered stunt bikes were also in attendance. Separately there was a Honda VFR800 which a mock tiger skin covered fairing. Great to see such a serious bike treated to a twist of humour.

It cam a bit TOO much after a while a we went for a 10 – 15 mile blast to the Bull at Shenstone. Rambo stayed to look around a bit more as he had never been to Bassetts Pole before. He was also disappointed we didn’t head for thr New Inn at Barton-under-Nneedwood, as he had heard good things about the roads on the way there. Sorry about that Rambo, I didn’t realise or we could of happily headed that way. I just fancied a change!

We had a bit of laugh getting to the pub, and a good night once there, then we rounded off an excellent night eating chips with bikes ticking away outside as they cooled down. Kind of brought memories of hacking about as a teenage Hoolie on my YPVS!

Thumper made a new friend at a petrol station, I will let him explain, and then we headed home.

Next week I am joining Scouser at a meet in Leicestershire. Check out his post and join us if you can.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.