Bassetts Pole 7th June

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Bassetts Pole 7th June

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Radar

So who is going to be there??

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Scouser
    Participant

Me & Massey?

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

I’ll be there! [;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

See u there. Might bring the RD. Can’t ride out too far as there is a problem with the headlight right now.

Gix
    Participant

You finishing work early to pick it up then?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

PINGU
    Participant

I’ll try to pop up before work – don’t laugh at the tatty trumpet tho!
    (Blue M reg Trophy, sounds like a bag of spanners in a biscuit tin)

Gix
    Participant

Well I should be there between 7.30pm and 8pm.

suck_animated.gif

Scouser
    Participant

Triumph Tiger coming too!

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

Weather is glorious…will meet you in usual place…..and I no longer have my hood![:D][:o)]

suck_animated.gif

Scouser
    Participant

Over 2000 bikes there. Hard to find parking space and there was queing to get in. I even got blocked in.

Sorry Pingu, we could not find you, we found 1 blue trophy but that was M reg. Will have arrange a better meeting point next time.

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

PINGUs bike is an M reg!!! May well have been his we saw….

suck_animated.gif

Scouser
    Participant

Pooh!
    Still worries me though when you go up to a stranger and ask “Are you Pingu!”

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

Well I think we need to organise a specific area to meet in and at a specific time….would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack last night![:0]
    Get them pics up then Radar!!![;)]

suck_animated.gif

Radar

BP 07/06/05

Wow, what can I say? On arrival at the Pole this Tuesday aboard Thumper’s ZR550 and in company with the man himself on his TDR250 we were greeted by a scene reminiscent of one of those huge CGI battles in Lord of the Rings. There were thousands of people and bikes hoarding around the pub and McDonald’s. Cheekily Thumper and I had nipped ahead of the traffic jam of bikes struggling to get in and nicked a couple of prime parking spots the car park of the now defunct Pole Position Triumph dealership.

Somehow Gixer (GSXR600), Scouser (XLV1000) and Black Country Bomber (FZ6) had spotted us coming in and hooked up with us. Scouser had brought along his friend Rambo (Triumph Tiger) and Mrs Rambo.

The place was packed and basically we tripped in to sensory overload trying to take it all in.

PINGU, PooChick and GSF K1, if you were there sorry, we just couldn’t find you in the throng. How about in future Forum members meet up at the triangular McDonalds sign on the small green opposite the entrance to the restaurant @ 7:45?

Anyway, as you would expect with such as huge numbers of bikes there was much to see. Despite the rows of exotic bikes it was a Honda C90 with a upswept carbon end can that caught my eye, check out my post about scrambling eggs in Members Bikes to see why I love these bikes so much.

On a more serious note there was a beautifully turned out Spondon on show too, and the fur covered stunt bikes were also in attendance. Separately there was a Honda VFR800 which a mock tiger skin covered fairing. Great to see such a serious bike treated to a twist of humour.

It cam a bit TOO much after a while a we went for a 10 – 15 mile blast to the Bull at Shenstone. Rambo stayed to look around a bit more as he had never been to Bassetts Pole before. He was also disappointed we didn’t head for thr New Inn at Barton-under-Nneedwood, as he had heard good things about the roads on the way there. Sorry about that Rambo, I didn’t realise or we could of happily headed that way. I just fancied a change!

We had a bit of laugh getting to the pub, and a good night once there, then we rounded off an excellent night eating chips with bikes ticking away outside as they cooled down. Kind of brought memories of hacking about as a teenage Hoolie on my YPVS!

Thumper made a new friend at a petrol station, I will let him explain, and then we headed home.

Next week I am joining Scouser at a meet in Leicestershire. Check out his post and join us if you can.

Gix
    Participant

Pictures courtesy of Radar….

Nice…from West Coast MCC

suzuki-gsxr600-97-bikepics-371236.jpg

look at the underseat exhaust on that….wonder if it makes it go any quicker……

honda-c70-91-bikepics-371231.jpg

a bugger to clean…..

honda-vfr800-03-bikepics-371232.jpg

Blackcountry bombers bike at the Bull in Shenstone….

yamaha-fz6-04-bikepics-371228.jpg

and as you can see the hood is now gone…

parked up at the pub, closest first – my gixer6, thumpers TDR, thumpers Zephyr and scousers Varadero…

suzuki-gsxr600-97-bikepics-371238.jpg

suck_animated.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.