Bassetts Pole 19th July. Meet Review

Home Forums Meetings and events Bassetts Pole 19th July. Meet Review

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Radar

The first overcast day in the better part two weeks saw a smaller turnout at Bassetts Pole than there has been in recent weeks.
    Our forum Queen, Gixerchic was first of the Forum to arrive on her GSXR600, but she was a bit miffed when Thumper (TDR250), Toggs (ZX6R), non member Phil (Thumper’s ZR550), and myself (on Thumper’s SRX600) didn’t roll up until well gone 8pm. We had all had a complicated day and the SRX had decided to attempt to loose its’ speedo cable, forcing an impromptu repair session in a petrol station en-route.
    We had a walk around the 100 or so bikes still at the Pole, the highlight being the new Yamaha Supermoto style bike that somebody had rocked up on. Looks like it would be a wicked piece of kit on the twisties and B roads.
    With not much to see this week we headed for The Green Man pub in nearby Middleton with Thumper leading on the amazingly nippy TDR250, with Toggs, Gixer, myself and Phil tucking in behind. It is only a five minute thrash to the pub, but I still managed to muck up a right hander that was rather tighter than I remembered and as a result I found myself going in way too hot. A little bum clenching moment followed as I desperately tried to shed speed and the line I took around the bend was not exactly text book!
    Amusingly 3 out of 5 bikes on tonight’s run were Thumper’s! I was using the SRX because I had to drive over from Kidderminster, while Phil is without a bike since selling a ZZR600 a few years back. He is emigrating soon and is keen to enjoy a few last nights out with the old crowd before leaving the UK.
    As usual we had an enjoyable couple hours in the boozer before thrashing back to Sutton Coldfield. Only a few miles covered, but enough to scratch the itch!
    We must get another larger weekend run to somewhere set up before the summer disappears on us. It would be good to see the likes of Speedy Claire, Prezzo, Scouser, Digger, Katana, BC, GSF, Poochick, PINGU, Katana etc again! Perhaps even ID himself could be tempted from his underground bunker!!
    So folks, does anybody have any suggestions??

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

How many times you posted this?[:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hey, I’m only leaving the bunker if you all cease fire.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.