Bassetts Pole 17th May

Home Forums Meetings and events Bassetts Pole 17th May

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Anybody else going. I will be there about 7:30pm.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

Soz mate. Same problem as last week, no babysitter so cant make it.[V]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

sorry radar,I am now riding on a slick,its going to be the end of month for a new one.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

I have a rear tyre that has only done about 300 miles if you want it?[:o)] and a front tyre that has done about 500 miles? Can have the both for nothing…..complete with er…..breather holes[:0][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

PINGU
    Participant

Radar…this time I will try my very best to be there, I’m skint but what the hell I’ll steal petrol from the wife’s car if need be!
    The weather forecast is 13c with clear skies and little wind(no beans for tea then!)I’ll see if I can coax my mate to bring his ZRX12 out to play too.

PINGU
    Participant

I’ll be there 7-7:30 on t’bandit 600 trying to park outside the pub, are you using your thundercat?

Radar

I will be on one of thumper’s bikes. Either a ZR550 a SRX600 or a TDR250. He will be on one of the others! Don’t bring the T Cat because I don’t have time to get home from work and get back up to the Pole for a reasonable hour. Thumper lives quite close to BP so he iis good enoughto loan me a bike for the evening.

PINGU
    Participant

radar-I missed your last post, went up just after 7 and left 8:30ish bloody good turn out tonight.
    I did’nt get to park by the pub but I was standing outside with a mate of mine for some time, had to park in Maccy D’s and got blocked in good by about 5 other bikes behind mine!!!
    Sorry I missed you we’ll have to organise better next time – poss next week if I still have the bike or have a new one by then.

Radar

With Digger feeling bald and wobbly (or his R1’s back tyre at any rate), Scouser and The black Country Bomber saving their pass outs from the management for next weeks appearance of the Forum Queen Gixerchic, who was herself unavailable due to a previous appointment with a huge chocolate cake, the task of maintaining a Forum presence at this weeks’ Bassetts Pole gathering fell to Pingu (GSF600 Bandit), Toggs (ZX6R), Thumper (TDR250) and me (SRX600).

Unfortunately Pingu and the rest of us didn’t meet up in the huge throng of bikes and people as our plan to meet him by his Bandit was foiled by the presence of several of the popular Suzuki. We thought we had spotted it, but then it dawned on us, as Thumper has written elsewhere, how do you walk up to somebody that you have never met before and say;
    “Hello, are you PINGU??”

Anyway, the weather was good, if slightly chilly, and as result both the pub and McDonalds car parks were brimmed full of row upon row of beautiful bikes. Highlights this week included a 1986 Yamaha RD350F2 in Kenny Robert’s replica colours, a very trick looking Suzy Busa and a brace of huge and lavishly built trikes. The Boss Hoss was there again, but did not seem to be getting as much attention this week.
    Amongst the more modern metal a 2003 Benelli Tre Tornado stood out, whilst just for Barmy Carmy there was even a FZX750 there. I got a picture too, but I have just loaded it onto my PC and it came out a bit blurred. Sorry Barmy. From a nostalgic point of view I was pleased to see a Honda VF1000 identical to the one I owned back in 1989 that was the last bike I crashed (!).
    However, overall bike of the night must go to a pristine 1982 Yamaha RD350LC with deliciously crackling expansion pipes shattering the almost universal four stroke hum of the night.

Thumper, Toggs and I hung around for about an hour or so before rounding off the evening with a 10 -15 thrash around some of the local roads, ending up at The Bull in Shenstone for a swift pint.

I will load some pictures if you want let me know.

See you all next week??

PINGU
    Participant

sorry ’bout that folks…very common bike i know but as i have written elsewhere it is now sold pending production of the cash and i’m looking for something with more originality (and power) so it will stand out better (that’s the plan anyway!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.