Ashby Foville

Home Forums Meetings and events Ashby Foville

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

Next Tuesday 14th of June there is a road users dream. The village pub in Ashby Foville, nr Quenilbourogh, Leicester, holds a monthly meet of classic and sports cars, new and old, bikes new and old and vintage cars. Its all free you just turn up and look around. They have a floodlit field for the cars and the bikes all park in the front of the pub and up the lane. Vintage cars use the pub car park.
    There will be something there that floats your boat.

Does anyone fancy it weather permitting?

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

Well due to family commitments (sprogs) I cant this time but maybe next month might be able to organise something…[:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

I’m coming

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Scouser
    Participant

Myself and black Country Bomber arrived at the ‘Carrington Arms’ in Ashby Folville at around 7:30 last night. It was chocka block, we had to drive past and up towards the village church were we found a parking space. Even though I have been 5 times before over the last 2 years, I
    had never seen it so packed. Obviously the word has spread as it used to be a classic night only. (Thank you to the 2 girl riders and 1 hubby who we followed to the event from Coalville after meeting them in the Petrol station and by luck were going the same way)

We walked around the throngs of people, admiring the classic bikes, cars and vintage cars and vans. There is the pub for refreshments but also a vintage van selling wine and soft drinks, there is an ice cream van in one of the fields, and in the pub car park, which is for the vintage vehicles, there is a 60’s Citroen panel van selling Hog roast.

Saw the new Triumph 1050 triple, a brand new Bimota SBS with only 600 miles on the clock, Moto Morinis, the MT01 V twin, all manner of exotica. The usual mix of superbikes was there but there is so much to take in that they are lower down the pecking order with all the attention and adoration on the older and more unusual bikes and cars.

At around 9:30 we eventually bumped in to Radar, Thumper and Toggsy as they coudn’t contact us on the mobile due to the poor signal on BB Bombers phone.

Radars face was a picture, he was like a kid in a sweet shop, salivating from both sides of his mouth, (does this mean he’s level headed?). Thumper and Toggsy were also enjoying the evening as this event covers all your petrol head needs.

The sounds, smells and oil leaks of the older vehicles all added to the evening rounded off with a beer and a hot hog roast cob which went down well.
    All the lads agreed that this venue puts Bassetts Pole to shame. I’m sure they’ll be out for the next one which is the 12th of July.

Be seen and be Safe!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.