ZX9R insurance

Home Forums Insurance ZX9R insurance

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Pleased with the renewal this year.

£104 with http://www.confused.com for comprehensive cover on the ZX9R

Good thing was they were the only ones not to charge stupid voluntary excess.  In fact all they charged was £300 compulsory excess – no voluntary excess at all.  Most other companies were £200-500 voluntary and £500 compulsory.  Watch out for that if you’re renewing because it makes claiming for anything a real expense.

Radar

Thats not bad. I have just been quoted £255 comp for the Fazer and Thundercat on a multibike policy

BigBen
    Participant

Bargain! Mines still stupidly expensive. Zx10r was the cheapest bike I ever insured at 249 TPFT for a 22 year old.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a company ask for no voluntary excess. I might give them a go n see if mines any cheaper :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, I was surprised too when I saw it. There were at least 20 companies coming in with over £700 total excesses.

Radar

I will be doing a little old fashioned phoning around, the price comparison web-sites didn’t seem to understand multi-bike policy last year when i checked

BigBen
    Participant

Not to hijack the thread or nowt but Radar how much difference is a multibike policy to a normal policy? Just want to know for when bandits done. Ta

Radar

Last year it added about £100, but i was busy at the time of my renewal and didn’t chase down the best deal hard enough really

BigBen
    Participant

100 bar isn’t too bad really. But that probably means it’ll be about £45759558 extra for me

Radar

Swinton quoted me an eye-watering £324 just for the Fazer today

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yep, not many multibike companies out there it seems.

Radar

My existing insurer has come back with £305

Radar

Well came it at £240 for both bikes with a few extra. Stayed with my existing insurer. Always narks me how they can suddenly knock £65 after you shop about.

hammy

Cheers. Quotezone just did me £94 with Hastings on an 02 Fireblade, full comp!

Radar

Renewal time for me too, need to get on the phone and get the best quote

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.