Winter Projects – What have you got planned?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Winter Projects – What have you got planned?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well the bikes are all tucked away now, and whilst they are all still legal I do not expect to be covering many miles over the next 4-5 months or so. However this doesn’t mean the bikes won’t be getting some attention:

Suzuki EN125

The little old bus really doesn’t need much, just and oil and filter change. I might treat it to a new nose cone fairing if I can find one in the right colour on ebay. The one currently fitted is quite badly stratched

Yamaha RD350LC YPVS F1

I would love to do a load of work to the LC, but I just can’t see this happening. I do not have the funds. I will replace the ancient tyres and give the engine a little fettle so it runs a little cleaner, especially lower down. I might take the fairing off too to undertake some temp repairs arond the top mounts. These little jobs will have to do until I can do a deeper more thorough job in a couple of years time

Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat

New fork oil is on the cards for the trusty elder statesman of the fleet and that is about it!

Ducati S2R

I might get some standard mirrors and pipes for the Duke. The pipes purely for MOT time. I need a pukka paddock stand and a cover for it too

So not the most extensive list, what are you lot going to get up to?

katana
    Participant

I’ve a bit planned for the winter.

Blade: sort out front brakes, new tyre

Kat: got to get it road worthy for 2014 after being off the road for a couple of years. replumb oil cooler, find a new shock that fits, new battery,  more then likely have to clean carbs, free brakes, ect.

Champs
    Participant

The zx6 is going to get plugged into the optimate and covered up.

The gilera runner needs the mud pressure washed off after bmf and a new stator fitting

My mountain bike needs new brake pads, new rear tyre and a new chain

Tinkering really, nothing over the top

HippoDrones
    Participant

I need to fix the RXS, selling the ZX6 is a plan too.

Think once fixed the RXS will have to go too as the 125hundreds is a hard thing to keep going when we have not had a full grid for any event due to work/breakdowns/other commitments/etc and would rather have the room for somit a little less highly strung.

Radar

I’ve a bit planned for the winter.

Blade: sort out front brakes, new tyre

Kat: got to get it road worthy for 2014 after being off the road for a couple of years. replumb oil cooler, find a new shock that fits, new battery,  more then likely have to clean carbs, free brakes, ect.

Be good to see the Green Meanie again! The stock pop up headlight mosel is being featured in one of the classic mags this month

Radar

The zx6 is going to get plugged into the optimate and covered up.

The gilera runner needs the mud pressure washed off after bmf and a new stator fitting

My mountain bike needs new brake pads, new rear tyre and a new chain

Tinkering really, nothing over the top

Your ZX6R is rather like my Thundercat, doesn’t make much fuss!

Radar

I need to fix the RXS, selling the ZX6 is a plan too.

Think once fixed the RXS will have to go too as the 125hundreds is a hard thing to keep going when we have not had a full grid for any event due to work/breakdowns/other commitments/etc and would rather have the room for somit a little less highly strung.

Be a shame to see the RXS go. Pity that 125hundreds is proving hard, I would love to join in on my 125, but just live too far away

Champs
    Participant

Your ZX6R is rather like my Thundercat, doesn’t make much fuss!

She’s very good, keep the battery charged and the tyres inflated and she’ll do 2000 miles around France with no issue (and a better fuel economy than those beemers!)

Radar

Gave a perefect account of itself, deserves some TLC that 6R!

Radar

Pair of plastic frame ‘in-fills’ arrived for the RD a couple of days ago, only a minor thing, but the fact they are missing has been bugging me. Progress, however slight, is progress

Radar

Got the bungs for the fairing infills now. Just need to fit them!

Scouser
    Participant

I’m going to tidy up some paint defects on my metal ‘fenders’ and rust proof them at the same time.

Radar

I’m going to tidy up some paint defects on my metal ‘fenders’ and rust proof them at the same time.

Good to hear from you again! Must be tough keeping that F6C looking tidy, so much of it to polish etc. Awesome sound too

Radar

Pair of plastic frame ‘in-fills’ arrived for the RD a couple of days ago, only a minor thing, but the fact they are missing has been bugging me. Progress, however slight, is progress

Finally got around to fitting these today. I had to buy some new grommets for the mounting lugs on the fairing. All much tidier now.

However the back tyre has picked up a puncture somehow. Time to replace the ancient tyres methinks!

Champs
    Participant

I began work on the 6r yesterday. New engine oil, brake fluids and coolant. Sadly the optimate had decided to pack up so the alarm had all but totalled killed the battery. I put a meter over it to find a mere 1.8 volts. Not even the dashboard lights came on!

Hooked the jump leads upto the van and with a few minutes of coughing, spluttering and backfires she started up, although only it sounded like three cylinders :(

A few twists of the throttle, a great big bang produced a huge black smoke ring from the exhuast and she ticked over sweet as a nut!

I don’t believe there’s any major issues, I think she was probably in a mood with me for being left so long! Women eh?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.