Winter lay up

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Winter lay up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

How do you prepare your bike for the winter lay up?

I put mine on an Optimate charger and cover her up on a paddock stand, starting her up about once per month. Grease the chain and wipe the metalwork down with a clean oily rag

What do you do?

Radar

Pretty much the same routine for the XJR except it has a centrestand and no need for a paddock stand.

The Thundercat is keep road legal and i tend to use it once or twice a month, but make sure that it is thoroughly cleaned as soon as i get back from a ride.

Digger
    Participant

After putting my bitch on the paddock stand, I WD40 it over the shiney bits,cover with a silk sheet making sure ive tucked her in properly,then i read her a short story from RIDE,pat her on the muff…ler, then quietly tip-toe out the garage closeing the door behind me.

GSF K1
    Participant

My bike has to live outside so I cant use an Optimiser type charger as I have no exterior power supply… but I have purchased a SOLAR 12V trickle charger panel.. fitted it the wall (south facing) last Sunday and rigged up a connector on the bike.
    After the last two washes I’ve smothered her in Scottoiler 365. Lube’d the chain and tucked her tightly under the cover.

Any good weekend and she’ll be out.. I promise!.. otherwise I start to sulk!

GSX Rat
    Participant

i put on a thicker jacket and ride it…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.