Wheel polishing buffer

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Wheel polishing buffer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

Can anyone recomend a polishing attachment/buffer for a electric drill.At the moment I`m using rags and muscle to bring a good finnish to my wheels,thought a buffer would be easier,are there any on the market for a drill[?]p.s and where to get hold of one.[:D]

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

i bought a flexi adaptor from machine mart does a good job with a polishing kit
    there are two to choose from the cheap one is about £18 and 3ft long i havent broken it yet[:D]

stress2.jpg

life sucks get used to it

GSF K1
    Participant

I dunno if its any good for your wheels, but some spray stuff I bought foams up on the wheels and really shifts all the muck. I dont use it often as I’m sure it’ll shift things I dont want moving, but then a light cream polish seems to have them looking good.. not too much elbow grease.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

sid
    Participant

if its to polish paintwork try a buffy wheel
    busters

stress2.jpg

Digger
    Participant

got the polish,just want the attachment.Will that buffy wheel fit the drill then.

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

yes mate it does
    be careful with it if you buy one dont push to hard and get a garden spray mister to stop it from over heating the paint

stress2.jpg

Digger
    Participant

Its for me polished wheels mate,there already polished but I need to keep them that way.

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

you need the polishing kit and flexi adaptor then the buffy wheel wont shine it “lusters” and the metal drill attachment could easily mark the metal cos of the tight access
    get a 4″ soft wheel,mandrill to fit and finishing soap or just stick with belgum chrome

stress2.jpg

Digger
    Participant

sound sid,got the belgum will buy the soft wheel and mandrill at the end of the month from busters,cheers.

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

dont use the belgum with the soft wheel get the finishing soap as well but you shouldn’t need them on pre polished wheels 5 mins every coupla weeks with the belgum should keep them shiney and it leaves a wax coating on the wheels

stress2.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.