What Lube do you use?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe What Lube do you use?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

KY , baby oil, Germoline……sorry

Wrong lube. What chain lube is best?

I’ve used the Castrol chain wax before and that was OK, but I’ve just used a spray grease from Wilkos and its flung itself all over my wheel and swinging arm. Won’t be using that one again.

Be seen and be Safe!

speedy claire
    Participant

don`t need any!! re. the germoline……. am seriously worried!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

GSX Rat
    Participant

Ive been having a lot of luck with candle wax lately..

No, listen – melt some wax in a pan, and after cleaning chain thoroughly, drop it in and leave a couple of minutes. Take out, and let it dry. Its now gone hard, but dont worry – fit it back on the bike, you may have to wrestle with it a bit but when you ride it doesnt fling off, its waterproof and so far its the longest a chain has ever lasted me by far and theres still plenty of life left in it yet. Needs redoing bout once a month for you fair weather riders, i do mine once a week and that seems enough for daily use.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Digger
    Participant

castrol for me,I`ve used others but found most fling off(is`nt fling a great word,go on say it a few times)and make a fine mess of the bike.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Yoshimoto Gold chain wax….used to use silkilene on Aprilia but flings at high speed, this one doesn’t.[:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vacuum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, there goes another engine!

suck_animated.gif

GSF K1
    Participant

GSX.. when I was younger (my CB250RS days), my old man had a biscuit tin filled with boiling grease, so once every two months I’d remove my chain, degrease it in petrol and boil the grease on the stove and immerse the chain.. hang the chain so the excess drips off, let it cool and dry and put back on the bike.. didnt need to do anything else for two months.
    Stank the kitchen out.. had to make sure my mum was out!!

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

delticman
    Participant

My first bike was a Suzuki B120, back in 1975. This had a chain fully enclosed by a chain cover, so I just needed to apply oil about every six weeks, or so.
    Over the years, I have had all kinds of different bikes, and one of the things I used to do long before chain wax (or sticky oil) in spray cans, was to apply grease to the chain, with the aid of an old toothbrush (only prob was, rear wheel was a bugger to clean at times-especially with spoked wheels!!!, but this method seemed to me to be the best way to prevent ‘dry spots’ on chains).
    when I got my latest bike 15 months ago, I got a Scott oiler fitted to it. I find that once this gadget has got all of the chain lubricated, I turn the setting down to around 2, or 3, which then helps prevent oil from flinging all over the place-not that much got flung about, anyway.

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.