Uh-Oh… ebay is evil LOL :D

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Uh-Oh… ebay is evil LOL :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I have been silly and searched ebay while having some cash in my bank account. It looks like I have committed to going halves on this with my lodger if it doesn’t go sky high in price:

599988a1.jpg

Am also going to go have a lookski at this little puppy tomoz if I get the go ahead from the seller:

c1b142ee.jpg

I am after a road bike that has style but I’ll not be too scared to use in skanky weather coz even tho the Ducati has traction control it is still a huge amount of money to risk the winter salt and slime. The C90 is to do bike gymkhana with, should last us a couple of years I think as it already is fitted with non fixed pegs but is also capable of being tuned quite a lot as the engine is the base for the majority of the decent pit bikes so has big bores and pipes available [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

I went to view the Yammy today, what a lovely bike. Put a deposit down and am collecting it next weekend [:)]

ses310

Looks like it would be alot of fun! Looking forward to seeing what you think of it

HippoDrones
    Participant

its an old girl, 1980 so will not set the world on fire with performance but should be fun and far less precious than the Ducati so I’ll enjoy riding without the risk of damaging the Ducati by salt corrosion etc [:)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Loving both of them Pete, really quirky. What engine’s in the Yam?

HippoDrones
    Participant

its an XS400 has kick and electric start

sid
    Participant

the xs was the basis of the later xjr models could be worth a punt about for spares or tuning parts if you need them

HippoDrones
    Participant

ty Sid :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

We missed out on the C90 but I have sorted insurance on the XS400, £120 tpft which includes all the mods and the total loss theft claim from my KTM getting robbed. Just need to pick it up and tax it now.

Radar

Shame you missed the C90, how are you getting on with the XS?

HippoDrones
    Participant

Picked it up from Redmax yesterday and took it out for its maiden voyage today.

840a70b2.jpg

966ff6ed.jpg

d585f02d.jpg

Rode up to Box Hill and although the brakes are totally crap it felt really nice, light, nimble and comfy (although the rear shocks are very firm). Unfortunately about 5 miles from Box it started running really bad but I nursed it there and parked up. The bike got loads of attention and lots of admiring ooo’s and aaah’s from the peeps checking out the bikes. Seems like a fuelling issue I think and could barely get over 40mph on the way home and really struggled to pull away from the lights etc. I shall whip off the carbs tomoz and give them a bit of a clean and check the plugs etc. Hopefully will get it running sweet again otherwise I guess I’ll have to phone the chap I brought it from and get him to sort it out :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

I removed the plugs and stripped the carbs today. Just got back in from testing it, the bike is running much better again. I need to replace the carb manifold as I think it is leaking air a bit. I think I will also invest in a braided line for the front brake and maybe service the calliper as well. Am well chuffed with the bike so far, its spot on for what I want from it [:)]

Radar

Glad you enjoying the XS, it looks loads of fun

HippoDrones
    Participant

Took NOB (New Old Bike) over to meet my Dad today, he gave it his seal of approval [:D]

56fb32df.jpg

I also got my new lid delivered too:

13e4ad97.jpg

c22f6855.jpg

I must remember when wearing an open face lid not only can passers by see me grinning inanely they can also see and hear me singing to myself! [:I] lol [:D]

ses310

Love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.