Triumph Speed Triple (2006) Review

Home Forums British beef Triumph Speed Triple (2006) Review

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Looking good Pete and the views up in Scotland are awesome.The Pics on the beginning of this thread have gone, any chance you could refresh the links? Cheers bud!

HippoDrones
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Looking good Pete and the views up in Scotland are awesome.The Pics on the beginning of this thread have gone, any chance you could refresh the links? Cheers bud!

will try, gotta work out which ones are missing then see if i can find them again.

My bike has now covered 12k miles and is still fantastic to ride. I’m looking into adopting a lil brother for her at the moment, needing to check my finances and sell my car but hoping for either getting a bargain k6 GSX-R750/1000 on ebay if one comes up or a k4 750/1000 depending what I can find locally!

HippoDrones
    Participant

20,000+ miles and the bike is still fantastic fun to ride…

… have binned it twice now and it crashes remarkably well ;) Now it has standard triumph bars again as they much more comfey and I fitted due to damaging a footpeg some lovely £350 LSL rearsets… after a wheelie a while back tho 1 of the pegs fell off so its a tad wonkey with one standard peg and one rearset till I get round to replacing it :)

I have also added a tooth to the rear sprocket so now the bike is even more flighty at the front :D and can keep up with gixers 600’s on the twisty bits.

I had a problem a month ago with one of the wires from the ignition barrel snapping and after a quick roadside fix with a roll of sellotape and a pair of sissors its fine again if only a temp fix.

I am currently running with a Pilot Power 2CT on the front and a Pilot Road on the rear due to the motorway milage I was doing while working in Plymouth and living in Crawley… Will go back to 2CT’s front and rear once the Pilot Road has been killed as I now have the gixer as well so all my miles are now just for fun generally, hardley any motorways anyhow :)

Am once fit and fixed properly going to be doing more track days and am going to use the Triumph for them to start with as it crashes cheeper than the gixer will. Deffo want decent tyres on it then, and will strip off everything I don’t need to reduce the risk of damaging any shiney bits…. Going to have to invest in some dB-killers for the cans as there is no way it will pass noise testing without! :D :D :D

Prob be next year before it goes on track tho unless I get a cheep evening up at Brands or somit. Trouble there is that now the sun is getting lower in the sky it really blinds you in the eve around Brands!

….

Radar

Good to see you still enjoying the Triumph, despite having the Gixxer to play with too.The new 675 naked looks a great bike and good value too at £5400

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am having a change of plan with the owning 2 bikes thing…. Mainly coz I’m an idiot to think that I could afford to run and maintain 2 new steeds, and also because I am wanting a van so that taking the gixer on track is a lot easier and more practical!

So once I have returned the Speedtriple to as standard as I can and given it a bit of polish I am gonna be selling her :(

Ideally I need to sell it and get a van before I return to work as it will save me having to hire one to get all my bits down to Plymouth from West Sussex.

So if any of you kind peeps know anyone that is interested in a less than 2yr old 1050cc Speedtriple, (am expecting to sell it for less than list price due to its milage/condition) then please let me know!

ty peeps :)

Radar

Any joy with the sale yet Pete?

HippoDrones
    Participant

am waiting till after chrimbo now. Have got it pretty much back to standard now, need to get some rear indicators and a full size number plate. Will be selling all the add on bits on ebay once I’ve cleanded them up so if anyone wants to buy any of them off me send me a pm for cost. Have available:

Wolf Carbon Fibre race cans, sound awesome ;)
    Power Commander III USB, get full effect from any performance mods inc cans
    LSL Rearsets, ooh so lovely :p
    LED Rear Light with Integral Indicators, very bling :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well I finally got round to sorting somit out with the bike, and as long as I can get the bike started with the battery my old mans giving me (its been un-ridden for 9months)I should be selling it to my local Triumph dealership tomoz. I don’t want to count my chickens but when I told them what I wanted for it on the phone I could almost see their eyes light up down the telephone line! LOL

So the Triumph is going, even tho I’ve not ridden it for ages I shall miss her. She has been an awesome bike and I will always remember her as the bike that got me over my ex (she wouldnt let me have a bike) and rekindled my love of 2 wheels, brought me to where I am now with some fantastic friends that I would never have met if I hadn’t been stupid enough to ride upto Bury hill on her that rainey day 2 summers ago.

So fingers crossed please that she starts and runs properly so I can get her sold tomoz morning! :-)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well I sold her today, they got a bargain as I took a hit on the price to get a quick sale

She went for £3000. I could have got upto £1000 more if I’d got a private sale but its a palava and this way the finance got paid off the dealership.

farewell Naomi, I hope your next owner enjoys you as much as I did! :)

Radar

Shame she had to go so cheap, the dealer has got a bargain there, but I suppose you had loads of fun on the bike judging on the reports you have posted on here. I wonder what the dealer will put it up for £4495??

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Cheap mate but you’re certainly spending the money wisely!

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha, me having anything to do with money and bikes in the same sentence can never be called wise! ;)

Radar

Same here bud, same here!

HippoDrones
    Participant

:D

HippoDrones
    Participant

I so hope Triumph don’t release a 1050cc Daytona, that will really throw a spanner in my supermoto works! :D

Have any of you seen the mock up pics?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.