TRIKES. WHATS THE POINT?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe TRIKES. WHATS THE POINT?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    GSXR1000
    Participant

I saw a good-looking custom trike today, one of 5 in a group braving the arctic weather, at a service station on the M1. It was a Rover 3.5 V8-based trike with trailer. (Another was a theme on an 1800 Gold wing).

I can’t help but think that they are the worst of both wolrds. You get stuck in traffic like a car and you get freezing cold and soaking wet like a bike!

I realise that some people like them, but I can’t see the point myself.

sid
    Participant

some people use them as a way of staying “on bikes” after a crippling accident i’ve seen some very nice moddied bikes but wouldnt want one myself unless in the same situation

stress2.jpg

life sucks get used to it

riff-raff
    Participant

Like Sid said.
    I,d have one myself as a bit of fun plus theres always the advantage of not having to wear a lid[;)]

I,m a fallen angel who,s lost his wings ands been left out in the cold….

sid
    Participant

i dont know what post you read then riff lol

stress2.jpg

Gix
    Participant

If I couldn’t ride a bike no longer I would have a trike rather than a cage.
    Some cagers dont see the point of bikes eithericon_rolleyes.gif

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

and the rest just cant see lol

stress2.jpg

Scouser
    Participant

Would you have a quad or a trike?

Be seen and be Safe!

sid
    Participant

quad definately over a trike

stress2.jpg

Gix
    Participant

would depend on what was the reason for having to look at turning to trike or quad in first place….

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Scouser
    Participant

Quads are great fun, and there are the road legal ones now.

https://www.ramquads.com/sitegraphics/homepage.jpg

https://www.lincolnquads.co.uk/store/index.php

XRV250e.jpg

6quadzilla250ered.jpg

cobra_revo.jpg

Be seen and be Safe!

newk
    Participant

cant stand car based trikes but had 3 bike trikes u really need to ride 1 to see the point. (a bit like a harley really)it nothing like a car and nothing like a bike once u get the hang of em they are a great laff. sidecars are even more fun!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I like trikes from an engineering point of view but true they are the worst of both worlds sometimes.

Think a quad would win on grin factor if given the choice. Depends on what trike/quad of course.

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

The Beast
    Participant

Trike every time but i agree with newk it would have to be bike based.
    Oh and extra long forks to make it handle worse than ever.

Matt Black… The ultimate chrome cleaner..

GSXR1000
    Participant

My 350 LC Banshee quad was incredible fun. But in sand, not on the road.

safgan
    Participant

Whats the point!

After building and riding bikes, chops, trike and outfits, the trike is the most fun you can have, becuase you have to ride it, not sit on it and point it. As technology gets better and better, dont you think life gets boring.

Helmets!, what helmet at least I have a choice

And yup the traffic is a problem well at least if you obey the rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.