Too close for comfort Levi old boy!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Too close for comfort Levi old boy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LeviathanRan
    Participant

So today I realised why shoulder checks are needed…..[:I]

40mph dual carrige way… saw insttructor up ahead in right hand lane I was in the left I think “okay time to move over”

*inside levi’s head*
    “Mirror, indicate, moving slightly… oh wait shoulder check *looks right*
    bloody hell… how did that van get there?” [:I][:I][:I][:I]
    He wasn;t very happy and now I feel like a f**king moron :( :([:(]

Speed Monster
    Participant

Unfortunatly you’re not the first and definitely will not be the last!!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

That’s the only thing that’s making me feel.. ‘better’ if you know what I mean?
    I feel really crap about it though… angry with myself because I didn’t even need to move over!!

Made me think though, the driver started yelling at me… he obviously wasn’t watching me, if he was he would have seen me indicate and should have been prepared for me moving over, no?

GSF K1
    Participant

At least you’ve learnt from a simple mistake without any pain! Wouldnt it be nice if the pr*cks in their cars would learn so quickly!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Oh I won’t be so hasty next time! Life savers every time BEFORE I MOVE, if there’s a cage in the way I’m going to drop in behind them if I can… last thing I need is what that prick did I accelerated to get into the gap between him and the cage in front and he starts to accelerate!!

There was only enough space for a bike and a 3ft barrier between the front and back of the bike, so it is BEYOND me why he started to put the gas on!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

We came across white Van Man on Tuesday![:(!] We were queuing at a junction when white van man decides to back up, Dave was backing up as fast as he could but not fast enough The bumper on the van had trapped Daves front wheel[:(!] And Dave was struggling to hold the bike up, I lept off the back and banged on drivers window and a whole mouthful of obsenities I threw at him as well as what the F@*k do ya think yer doin, bloke pulled forward, and jumped out the van and couldnt apologies enough! lucky there was no damage[;)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

That’s one of the things I dread happening the most, didn’t you blap the horn?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by barmy_carmy

We came across white Van Man on Tuesday![:(!] We were queuing at a junction when white van man decides to back up, Dave was backing up as fast as he could but not fast enough The bumper on the van had trapped Daves front wheel[:(!] And Dave was struggling to hold the bike up, I lept off the back and banged on drivers window and a whole mouthful of obsenities I threw at him as well as what the F@*k do ya think yer doin, bloke pulled forward, and jumped out the van and couldnt apologies enough! lucky there was no damage[;)]

A colleague had his new Harley 1200 sportster flattened in Norwich by a lorry reversing over it at a set of lights a few years ago

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Bloody hell…

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Lev didnt get a chance lol van backed up quickly Dave was too busy trying to keep the bike up, Thats why I got off quickly and banged his window!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

f**king morons man… lucky escape :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.